exhaust manifold advice needed.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CRA161E

exhaust manifold advice needed.

Post by CRA161E »

Needing advice on exhaust manifolds. I have a rev3 na import. Car is on an N (96) plate. Car currently has a stainless manifold on the car but the pipes look like they have been welded into a different flange. Not sure if it's a rev1/rev2 manifold welded to rev3 flange. I will try get a picture when I can.

What I need to ask is are there any differences between rev1/rev2 and the rev3 na manifold? Have had a look on the around and still unsure if there is or not. I have found this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPSPEED-TOYO ... del%3AMR+2) Japspeed manifold listed on ebay but seems to only be listed for rev1/rev2.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated. Also not sure if I should try find a standard exhaust manifold and just have stainless from there on back.

Marc
Donato

Re: exhaust manifold advice needed.

Post by Donato »

Get some pictures posted up.

The exhaust manifold on the revision 1 & 2 are different to the 3 and again on the 4 & 5.
rgb

Post by rgb »

I only know that turbos are different either 8 or 9 bolt holes. ive had loads of manifold issues over the years. stainless are rubbish they crack and warp and its not the most simple job to replace . id go standard every time with proper Toyota gaskets. get a second hand one and make sure its dead straight.
acf8181

Post by acf8181 »

i've got a spare rev3 n/a manifold if you need it
CRA161E

Post by CRA161E »

Sorry for late reply, have been busy sorting out a few electrical gremlins. Still have a few to sort out but I'm getting there. I'll try get pictures up when I get onto my computer on the mobile the now and not sure how to upload pictures from this to the forum.

act 182 how much you looking at for the manifold?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”