Body work horror

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

spikkey

Body work horror

Post by spikkey »

Hi all,I have been missing from this site for a while now due to my 95 T Bar being off the road and being held in storage for about a year and a half.
This was because ,We had been in rented accommodation while our new house was being built.The car itself was in a garage under cover on a trickle charge with it given a run up every couple of weeks to keep keep it lubed.
I checked back in here a couple of days ago and read a couple of threads on bodywork and sills so decided to give mine a look.
In unwrapped her ,started her up and drove her out on to the driveway for a closer inspection.........To my horror the lacquer on the bonnet and at the top of all the doors has started to flake off and even worse signs of bubbling on both sills in front of each wheel arch. This all looks very expensive to me but rest assured I will get the old girl looking how she should so now tooling up to make a start over the winter months.
Wish me luck!!
nickg07

Re: Body work horror

Post by nickg07 »

:( good luck!
synXero

Post by synXero »

What's caused it? The car cover?
spikkey

Post by spikkey »

Not sure as to the cause, but after sill weld repairs and re spray I won't be using a cover again.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”