Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Re: Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:Awesome performance, write-up and shots. Hats off to you, George, seriously :thumleft:

If you decide you want to build a front undertray for that Border bumper let me know, I have a template you can have. Assuming you've not decided corners are boring :)

Next year: Watch this space, I have some ideas :wink:

Thanks Phil :) still can't believe it tbh... Next year it will be much tighter I'm sure of that.

That would be ideal mate... I don't want to give too much away on the forum but it would definitely work into something I'm trying to plan just now. :thumleft:

Corners are never boring 8) :D ... Just become a nightmare with the powerband. :( .. I'm going to try work around it though without sacrificing too much straightline hero ability.

Haha I'll be watching mate don't worry! I still think you should have another MR2 but I know that whatever it do, whether it be with the Busa or something else.... It'll be awesome! And über clean lol!

I'll drop you a message soon then :)

Sounds good to me Phil :)
Cheers bud
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

TOTB13 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
TOTB14 RWD 1/4mile 3rd place (Misfiring)
TOTB15 RWD 1/4mile 2nd place (HG Failure)
TOTB16 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

jimGTS wrote:congrats, reminds me of this on my old car
(i never got to use them unfortunately, something you'd be interested in on your next outting?)

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://url.photobucket.com/albums/v326/ ... 8_0707.jpg

Cheers Jim :thumleft:

Haha they look ace on your old car :)

Sent another PM :wink:
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

J-1

Post by J-1 »

Well done mate.

Will definitely be coming through for a look at this when I get home from Kazakhstan.

You have definitely sold YVS to me. :mrgreen:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

J-1 wrote:Well done mate.

Will definitely be coming through for a look at this when I get home from Kazakhstan.

Cheers buddy :)

When are you back home mate? My car is still at YVS as we are thinking of having a run at York raceway soon to get the 10 the car deserves before it gets pulled to bits again over winter. But I'll definitely make a point of getting you out for a run :)

Haha :thumleft: it's the only place to go as far as I am concerned :D
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

J-1

Post by J-1 »

GeorgeL wrote:
J-1 wrote:Well done mate.

Cheers buddy :)

When are you back home mate? My car is still at YVS as we are thinking of having a run at York raceway soon to get the 10 the car deserves before it gets pulled to bits again over winter. But I'll definitely make a point of getting you out for a run :)

Haha :thumleft: it's the only place to go as far as I am concerned :D

I'll be back home on Friday afternoon mate. I am getting home early because the job is nearing an end. 8)

OK, I'll give you a shout. I should be home for 2-4 weeks.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Thats a result mate you are getting home... i saw some photos on instagram and ill be honest. It looks tough out there... with regards to the obvious heat lol!

But yeah no problem at all mate. :thumleft:
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

J-1

Post by J-1 »

GeorgeL wrote:Thats a result mate you are getting home... i saw some photos on instagram and ill be honest. It looks tough out there... with regards to the obvious heat lol!

It's not too bad to be honest. It was mid 50's at one point.... Roasting!!

It is a xxxx-hole, but I like the 4 weeks off! And the money :lol:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

J-1 wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:Thats a result mate you are getting home... i saw some photos on instagram and ill be honest. It looks tough out there... with regards to the obvious heat lol!

It's not too bad to be honest. It was mid 50's at one point.... Roasting!!

It is a xxxx-hole, but I like the 4 weeks off! And the money :lol:

Mid 50's :shock: fook that!! Sounds awful if I'm honest. I've seen me being in a plant room where it's similar temps but it's different when you have the sun beating on you aswell. You will be glad to be back to the low 20's and occasional rain haha!
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

J-1

Post by J-1 »

Went through to meet George and see his car today... Top bloke and the car is a proper weapon! :shock:
Actually funny how quick it is! :lol:

Thanks again mate. Was good to meet you!
I think I'll be phoning Simon at YVS once I get all my parts bought!
mark239

Post by mark239 »

Looks like a great achievement there! Hopefully some day I'll get my borg warner turbo'd car to this!

The Granada mentioned belongs to a friend. Totally home built and he drives it from here in NI over to events then drives it home!

He was suffering from gearbox problems, couldn't get it to take gears (Is in bits at the moment), so just really went for the top speed as far as I know! If you search youtube youll see some videos he has done of hill climbs in it over here, looks to be epic fun. I certainly wouldn't do it!
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

J-1 wrote:Went through to meet George and see his car today... Top bloke and the car is a proper weapon! :shock:
Actually funny how quick it is! :lol:

Thanks again mate. Was good to meet you!
I think I'll be phoning Simon at YVS once I get all my parts bought!

Yeah bud was great to finally meet you :) after chatting on here and Instagram it was nice to finally catch up. Was good to meet your old man aswell :thumleft:
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

craig

Post by craig »

So when's my old tintop build start then mate? 8)
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

mark239 wrote:Looks like a great achievement there! Hopefully some day I'll get my borg warner turbo'd car to this!

The Granada mentioned belongs to a friend. Totally home built and he drives it from here in NI over to events then drives it home!

He was suffering from gearbox problems, couldn't get it to take gears (Is in bits at the moment), so just really went for the top speed as far as I know! If you search youtube youll see some videos he has done of hill climbs in it over here, looks to be epic fun. I certainly wouldn't do it!

Yeah Stevie's Granada is a weapon! I spoke go him a few years back before I had my licence. I never thought I'd be taking part alongside him to tell the truth. I think I got lucky that his gearbox was playing up. As always it was great to watch him Run when he was on it :)

Haha hill climbs? What a champion! I remember watching him do the handling circuit at Totb a few years back and hats off to him... He was going for it! He's a nice lad aswell which makes it all the better too.

Hopefully next year both cars will be running 100% and we can get some videos side by side. The Granada in all honesty was like my hero car in my late teens. It still had the 2.8 badge on it then haha!!
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

RedMR² wrote:So when's my old tintop build start then mate? 8)

That's a good question :lol:

I don't know haha! I think I'm going to continue in this shell with development and probably use it for next years Totb and then in the mean time prepare, chop and widen the tin top and get it ready for swapping over. I'm
Trying to be realistic and I don't want to do it all over winter as I don't think funds will stretch that far lol! I'll see :)
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I might have a little something to put up against you by then :wink:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:I might have a little something to put up against you by then :wink:

:thumleft: :D I hope you do buddy! No turbocharged hayabusa carry on though :lol: they stress me out at the best of times haha!

That's actually part of the reason I'm not going to have the shell ready. I'm planning to build a turbo'd bike in time for me to sort out my bike licence :)
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Nope, something a bit burlier :)

A turbo'd bike for when you pass your test?! :shock: No pedal 'n pop for you then :lol:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Good man!! I'll need to hear the details :wink:

I've been on bikes since I was 7 but made a bit mistake when I was 14... I had a big off and didn't get back on right away. I lost the bottle for it and for the last couple of years I've been wanting to get back on again but I refuse to jump on something mediocre (in my opinion)

I fancied one of those S1000RR's but for the money i could build something more my thing :)

You will need to fill me in on the plans then Phil... We can trade haha
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

mark239

Post by mark239 »

GeorgeL wrote:
mark239 wrote:Looks like a great achievement there! Hopefully some day I'll get my borg warner turbo'd car to this!

Yeah Stevie's Granada is a weapon! I spoke go him a few years back before I had my licence. I never thought I'd be taking part alongside him to tell the truth. I think I got lucky that his gearbox was playing up. As always it was great to watch him Run when he was on it :)

Haha hill climbs? What a champion! I remember watching him do the handling circuit at Totb a few years back and hats off to him... He was going for it! He's a nice lad aswell which makes it all the better too.

Hopefully next year both cars will be running 100% and we can get some videos side by side. The Granada in all honesty was like my hero car in my late teens. It still had the 2.8 badge on it then haha!!

http://youtu.be/Kpd75PlPyGg
mark239

Post by mark239 »

This one looks madder!!
http://youtu.be/mT_lhgCoAZI

Return to “Member Profiles”