injector wiring

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Leemeg99

injector wiring

Post by Leemeg99 »

hi i have removed the air intake manifold and i'm now at the point of looking at the injectors .the injector 4 which is causing all the problems looks as if it's been a bodge in the past and has a joint in the lead, the wires appear to be connected the wrong way round,would that stop the injector from firing
many thanks
fingers99

Re: injector wiring

Post by fingers99 »

Easy way to rule in or out is to swap the injector for another one.
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

You can't get the wires the wrong way around bud, they will work either way
fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

I'm not an auto-electrician, but believe that fuel injectors are relatively simple solenoid valves. so wouldn't expect the wires being the wrong way round to have any effect.

But having said that, I just took out a set of Weber injectors I have lying about, and they have + and - on them. :-k

Anyway, they're generally triggered on the earth side, so if the insulation is frayed and the cable manages to touch almost any part of the chassis, the effect will be to open the solenoid. Elsewhere, people have seen gross overfuelling as a result.

Swap em round. If the fault jumps to the other cylinder, it must be the injector, otherwise, suspect the wiring.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”