Factory fitted turbo timer

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2targa

Factory fitted turbo timer

Post by mr2targa »

I have managed to get hold of a factory fitted turbo timer. Does any one have any info on these?not sure on how to fit it so any help would be good.
Ps I know my garage says I have a n/a but I have been to lazy to up date to my turbo
2mad

Re: Factory fitted turbo timer

Post by 2mad »

Post up some pics, I've fitted loads of turbo timers in the past there all pretty much the same.

Kev.

Ps. Must admit I didnt know Toyota did a standard unit =;
2mad

Post by 2mad »

PPS. I have a turbo timer for the mr2 turbo laying around, maybe if i post up some pics of the pinouts it might help :-k

Kev.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I really don't know how true this is but somebody once told me the harness on a turbo car already has the connector built in to it for the stock option. Behind the fog light console.

I don't know how true it is that they were available as a standard option. I read somewhere that a aftermarket one was available years ago that looked very much like an oem piece of kit.

If they were available as a stock option I wouldn't be supprised if it was true though. How would the option otherwise be installed

I don't think they were an option as standard though. Surely if they were, it would be very common knowledge among the owners.

Post a pic of yours.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

yeh its not a stock item, it simply "looks" stock.

nice find either way :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”