Introducing myself...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ruth11

Introducing myself...

Post by ruth11 »

Hi All

I'm a member from a long time ago, below is a link to some photos of my MR2 that I no longer own. Has been out of my possession for a looong time now... It was my pride and joy as I had transformed it from a standard Rev 1 N/A dark green Japanese import to what you see here... I got an unexpected opportunity to purchase my childhood dream car - a Porsche 911 - so this had to go...

I have always regretted letting it go and now I'm considering doing it all again.

http://big-man.no-ip.biz/pics/Cars/Ruth ... index.html
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: Introducing myself...

Post by Martin F »

Hi Ruth11,

I am in the same boat, i had a couple of years out of the game and really missed it, recently bought a car with more problems than the berlin wall, even though the car has been sitting in my driveway since i bought it i am really enjoying spending hour upon hour buying mods and trying to get her to what i want...

Hope you find a nice car and get back to the joys, if you know what i mean... :wink:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

I am also a member of the 'sold on regretted it' club.....Sold my MR2 in January 2011...missed it from the moment it drove off my driveway. Kept in contact with the chap, and August 2013 I bought her back again for less than half if what I sold her for! :mrgreen:

Now she is mine again...and we are never going to be parted.

:thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Draven

Post by Draven »

Welcome back.. We should start a sold my car and regretted it club. I also sold my car a few years ago missed owning and driving an mr2. So the one i've got now is not going anywhere.. love her to bits.. :thumleft:
ruth11

Post by ruth11 »

Thanks, good to know I'm not the only muppet ;)

I'm coming it JAE to remind myself what's what in the scene and attempt to persuade my husband to let me buy another one....
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Welcome back I sold my mk1 sc conversion back in 2008 and truly missed owning an mr2 I went to JAE with an old mr2 mate of mine last year, met up with some old faces and met some new as well came home started looking and picked up a mk2 tubby in the October! It's good to be back in the game :thumleft:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

ruth11 wrote:Hi All

I'm a member from a long time ago, below is a link to some photos of my MR2 that I no longer own. Has been out of my possession for a looong time now... It was my pride and joy as I had transformed it from a standard Rev 1 N/A dark green Japanese import to what you see here... I got an unexpected opportunity to purchase my childhood dream car - a Porsche 911 - so this had to go...

I have always regretted letting it go and now I'm considering doing it all again.

http://big-man.no-ip.biz/pics/Cars/Ruth ... index.html

Hi Ruth, Love your old car, same sort of look I went for with mine, love the extra scoopy thing on the bottom of the bomex side skirts :D looking forward to see what you do style wise with your new project :thumleft:

Kev.
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

Also a member of the muppet club.
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
mattm117

Post by mattm117 »

I bought my first MR2 brand new in 1998 (red rev 5 t bar) sold it 3 years later to buy a 10 year old 911 (a childhood dream).

Wish I had never sold it though. So yes i'm in the muppet club too.
ruth11

Post by ruth11 »

:-) welcome one and all to the muppet club, although it sounds like you guys have got yourselves out of it now!

Thanks for the nice comments re my MR2, I was v proud of it. It was over 10 years ago now and I can't remember the body kit name but the spoiler was part of that. I am still in love with that colour so will probably go for that again if I need to respray. I have my eye on a rev 5 but am also tempted by a turbo maybe this time - not sure if there is such a thing as a rev 5 tubby?

Mattm117 - do you still have the Porsche? I still have mine and even though I hardly ever drive it hubby won't let me sell as it appears to be appreciating in value right now. And that's one stumbling block for the MR2 idea as I also have a daily driver (mini JCW) so in theory one of them needs to go... Tough decision!
Marmalade

Post by Marmalade »

Seems there are quite a few of us, I had a Goodwood green Rev 3 turbo, Rays alloys, Fujitsubo exhaust, hybrid turbo etc etc, sold it some years ago and decided to come back last August.

In the past year I have slowly been tweaking my 'new' Rev 3 turbo to how I want it.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Im also on the muppet boat Ruth, albeit not as bad as others..
I thrashed my original rev2 turbo then sold it around 18months ago to get back in a golf but decided immediately that i wanted another, done some research and decided to go for a rev3 turbo about a year ago :lol:

Good luck with your search :thumleft:
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

But what is it that gets under our skin ???
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”