MULTI-RACE WINNING, HIGHLY DEVELOPED MK2 MR2 SUPER GT - £7,500

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rogue

Re: MULTI-RACE WINNING, HIGHLY DEVELOPED MK2 MR2 SUPER GT - £7,500

Post by Rogue »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:Adding mods to a car does not increase its value.

While this may be true of road cars, it does not apply to race cars. To give you an example, an MR2 Roadster race car that we built with a 2GRFE engine recently changed hands for more than it cost to buy the car brand new off the forecourt more than ten years ago! And what's more, it was such a bargain price that it sold within a couple of days of being advertised and there were two people who wanted to buy it.

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:And they chap is selling it saying it has race pedigree....but it has no longer got the engine in that made it win the races?

It wasn't the engine that made this car win races. Have a look at the following video:

http://youtu.be/3OIAW-nlUHM?t=2m9s

This is the rear facing camera from *my* mk2 turbo race car at Cadwell Park. You'll notice that although aday is on pole he makes a bad start and I pull quite a lead. As we go through the first set of high speed corners (Charlies) he closes right up to my bumper. Throughout the rest of the lap you'll see that although my car has the straight line speed, aday monsters me through the bends and when we reach Charlies for the second time he just ducks past me and away. Both cars are running the same inverted monotube coilovers...
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Chaps you can't compare a highly developed race chassis with a normal MR2, the money spent on the development of that car more than justifies its price.
sethjapan

Post by sethjapan »

nice motor
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

This was my old car, did it sell?
aday

Post by aday »

skinthespin wrote:This was my old car, did it sell?

No I kept the car, although I primarily race a V6 powered 3.5ltr Roadster now, I do occasionally still race the mk2 turbo, but would consider selling it if the price were right.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Rogue wrote:

It wasn't the engine that made this car win races. Have a look at the following video:

This is the rear facing camera from *my* mk2 turbo race car at Cadwell Park. You'll notice that although aday is on pole he makes a bad start and I pull quite a lead. As we go through the first set of high speed corners (Charlies) he closes right up to my bumper.

No to mention that the two cars leave the rest of the pack way behind.
aday

Post by aday »

aussieGT wrote:
Rogue wrote:

This is the rear facing camera from *my* mk2 turbo race car at Cadwell Park. You'll notice that although aday is on pole he makes a bad start and I pull quite a lead. As we go through the first set of high speed corners (Charlies) he closes right up to my bumper.

No to mention that the two cars leave the rest of the pack way behind.

Thanks for pointing that out aussieGT, you are absolutely right! I developed this car so that it has much better road holding and downforce and those enhancements have made a big difference. I think that is why I have been able to win so many races with this car.
J-1

Post by J-1 »

aday wrote:
skinthespin wrote:This was my old car, did it sell?

No I kept the car, although I primarily race a V6 powered 3.5ltr Roadster now, I do occasionally still race the mk2 turbo, but would consider selling it if the price were right.

What would that price be?
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

indeed dude, what would be the right price......
aday

Post by aday »

skinthespin wrote:indeed dude, what would be the right price......

The car is actually in the final stages of a complete overhaul. The engine has been rebuilt and everything updated as I plan to do some testing towards the end of the year and over the winter ready to campaign the car again next season. I now have a fully forged 3SGTE back in the car so she should be back to being ultra competitive in the 750MC Roadsports Series, but should also be legal for several other series such as the Nippon Challenge or MSV Team Trophy. I believe a £10K asking price would not be unreasonable now that the car is back to its prime, but I'm always open offers and a bit of haggling!

Return to “MR2s for Sale”