Mk1, F Reg. Great car, easy Project

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

W88NEE

Mk1, F Reg. Great car, easy Project

Post by W88NEE »

Hi,

We are selling our blue 1989 F reg Mk1 MR2 T Bar. It was purchased by me and a friend with the intension of doing a small project together.

The car runs really well and is a 1.6 manual engine. The car also has a full alarm system, TSW alloys and a mongoose exhaust back box. The car does not have an MOT and the previous owner said it only needs a gasket on the exhaust to pass, this is why we got a cheap car to improve and we both liked the MR2.

Due to work commitments and the garage we were storing it at has now closed we do not have the space or time to use it.

The cars bodywork although has a little bit of rust the colour is faded and would need brightening. There is a small bit of rust on the widscreen pillar horizontal, but was treated by curerust by the previous owner and it has not got any worse. It looks like an easy fix. Checking the wheel arches and it doesnt look like there is any rust. The t-bars do not leak since the car is now outside and has not had any signs of water.

It has not been run in a number of months and I fired her up today using jump leads and she statred first time and ideled nicely. Engine and box is excellent I have covered about 20 miles faultlessly and this was after the previous owner had it off the road for about 9 months.

The car has Electric Windows, electic mirrors and radio. Other than the nice wheels and mongoose exhaust the car looks totally original and will come with the V5 logbook.

The guy we bought it from was keeping the car in a shed on his farm, we bought it for £590.

Please come and take a look, its a nice project to tinker with. Its a great, light, little car. Viewings can be done both day and evening.

Our Price £450, come take a look.

Thank you,

Wayne
Was MR2Turbo1991, but now changed name.

5SGTE Forged Build 2011/12
Build Thread: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... nniversary
Tabbi

Mk1

Post by Tabbi »

Hi, i am very interested in this project. Can you pm me your contact number to discuss.

Thanks
W88NEE

Re: Mk1, F Reg. Great car, easy Project

Post by W88NEE »

Hey Tabbi.

Sure feel free to call but after 2pm if that's ok should you call on Sunday.

Hope that's ok.

Wayne

W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Some good news has just been pointed out to me. Looking at previous MOT's it looks like the car has had some repairs for corrosion back in 2007. The latest MOT at 2012 has no mention of corrosion and the car has been mostly dry stored. When having a quick glance underneath I could not see any real corrosion issues indicating the car should be pretty solid and saves a new buyer potentially some of the common mk1 rust issues.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

I've had a couple of enquiries and a potential offer, but car still available.

Thanks,

Wayne

MarkCL

Post by MarkCL »

W88NEE wrote:Some good news has just been pointed out to me. Looking at previous MOT's it looks like the car has had some repairs for corrosion back in 2007. The latest MOT at 2012 has no mention of corrosion and the car has been mostly dry stored. When having a quick glance underneath I could not see any real corrosion issues indicating the car should be pretty solid and saves a new buyer potentially some of the common mk1 rust issues.

Thought it was worth mentioning.

I've had a couple of enquiries and a potential offer, but car still available.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi - just wondered if the car was still for sale? I'm looking for a restoration project, but with no MOT I guess it needs to be trailered, so getting it back home could be an issue :-k Any chance of some pictures?

Mark
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

MarkCL wrote:with no MOT I guess it needs to be trailered, so getting it back home could be an issue

Technically if you pre-book an MOT at your local garage you are permitted to drive it there directly from the vendors house assuming the car is taxed, insured and generally in a roadworthy condition.
MarkCL

Post by MarkCL »

kaiowas wrote:
MarkCL wrote:with no MOT I guess it needs to be trailered, so getting it back home could be an issue

Technically if you pre-book an MOT at your local garage you are permitted to drive it there directly from the vendors house assuming the car is taxed, insured and generally in a roadworthy condition.

Good point - I forgot that. Guess it kind of depends on whether the car is really in a good enough state to pass an MOT...that and whether it would be up to driving through a couple of counties to get to its new home in the first place :wink:

Cheers,
Mark
W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Hi Mark,

If you have an email address send me a pm and I will get a couple pics to you. She drives really very very well. So I see no reason why it wouldn't drive to a destination again as advised if an MOT is booked.

Thanks,

Wayne

Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Though if it currently has no tax, you won't be able to get any (without a valid MOT)... Catch 22....
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
MarkCL

Post by MarkCL »

W88NEE wrote:Hi Mark,

If you have an email address send me a pm and I will get a couple pics to you. She drives really very very well. So I see no reason why it wouldn't drive to a destination again as advised if an MOT is booked.

Thanks,

Wayne

PM sent - had to break my email addy down into bits though as the system wouldn't let me enter it as a URL yet :roll:

Cheers,
Mark
MarkCL

Post by MarkCL »

Shmed wrote:Though if it currently has no tax, you won't be able to get any (without a valid MOT)... Catch 22....

I'll have to check, but I think even if the car is SORN, you can get away with the 'drive to MOT' option, then get the tax sorted once it passes - fingers crossed anyway :wink:

Cheers,
Mark

Return to “MR2s for Sale”