FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gullzter

Re: FULLY FORGED - New pics of the car (page36) + 1/4 mile times

Post by Gullzter »

Leakie Tbar wrote:5s block on beams head is a complete waste of time the beams block is more than capable of anything the 5s is, it would just be a waste of money,

It also has the Uprated water pump area and the later oil pump and cooler set up , running crank sensor,

The 5s block would need drilling on front corner for vvti oil feed,

Also high boost applications the inlet manifold will need replacing,

Honda boys delete there vtec for high high power,,

Im not going to pretend i know much about engines etc but as Ash says i already have a 5s block (mainly for low down torque) as well as the other few common reasons which i wont divulge into.
The Beams head is only an idea in the back of my mind as it is supposedly the best flowing head for the 3s aswell as high revs, so surely a few (expensive) mods with a 5s can bring it to reality and make it better than a 3s for torque, and better than a 5sgte(rev3+head) as the Beams is.. well a better head.
As i say though its just a thought and i will do my research, if it does seem like its worth doing then ill be sure to update but its not on my agenda anytime soon :lol:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

ads wrote:Hi sorry only just seen this, will PM photos thru tomorrow - other pipe between two exhaust boxes is also mild steel - this part also rots like hell, had mine patched up for now and wrapped to hide the mess. Anyway I still think it was worth expense to fix as these single exit pp are quite rare ( could be wrong, but I haven't noticed them on many other 2s )

No worries, does yours sound quite farty or blowy like a civic between low and mid range?
See i do love the top range off it but couldnt live with the low to mid if thats how it sounds usually, wonder if i could have it customised to fit the turbo :lol:
synXero

Post by synXero »

I assume neither beams nor 5S blocks have oil squirters for the pistons?
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Beams do have oil squirters two different styles, depending on year

5s do not but they can be added, or upgraded oiling hole in wrist pin is a viable option,
ads

Post by ads »

[/quote]No worries, does yours sound quite farty or blowy like a civic between low and mid range?
See i do love the top range off it but couldnt live with the low to mid if thats how it sounds usually, wonder if i could have it customised to fit the turbo :lol:[/quote]

Hi not all farty or blowy , slight rumble at idle, sporty edge as revs rise but not in any way loud . subtle sums it up

just about to PM you photos
ashley

Post by ashley »

synXero wrote:I assume neither beams nor 5S blocks have oil squirters for the pistons?

You can modify the 3S squirters to fit the 5S, just need to be really careful with nozzle alignment to avoid piston or rod interferance.

ashley wrote:Image
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

I bet tony built that engine !? He notches the piston skirts, to fit the squirters,
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Decided im not going to entertain the idea of Beams redtop head on my 5s build.
Also a few things i had planned for the 5s will be changing, nothing drastic however i am loving how light the GTU wheels are and the dish on rears and also the fact i havent seen any other mr2 in Uk with them yet, not sure i can give the Toms up though ](*,)
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Have you heard Any news on this Munir?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Apparently the car went into workshop on Monday George, unfortunately havent recieved any pics yet so cant update this thread any further.
It has now been 6months since the car went down to Sbits, the last 2-3months have been very frustrating to say the least as i didnt expect it to drag on this long!
Now missed the majority of summer that i wanted to enjoy in the car, missed most car shows and i had planned to start the next part of my project around September/October time. Absolutely not going ahead with that part of the project now til at least Jan/Feb at least!

I see your car is going well though and well done at taking the Rwd TOTB'14 title :thumleft:
Still shocked i havent seen her yet though :sick:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Update:

Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Fingers crossed then mate if it's now went into get it started/finished...

Yeah that's pretty poor that you have missed the show/event season now :( hopefully make JAE though? Fingers crossed anyways that you get it done before the weather takes a dip for the winter months.

Thanks mate! :) .. I can't believe we ain't met up either tbh. It's a nightmare considering how close we are from each other lol!

6 months and it's still in boxes? :shock: :( that's gutting man!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

GeorgeL wrote:Fingers crossed then mate if it's now went into get it started/finished...

Yeah that's pretty poor that you have missed the show/event season now :( hopefully make JAE though? Fingers crossed anyways that you get it done before the weather takes a dip for the winter months.

Thanks mate! :) .. I can't believe we ain't met up either tbh. It's a nightmare considering how close we are from each other lol!

6 months and it's still in boxes? :shock: :( that's gutting man!

Well i would have defo signed up for JAE but as things stand im not going to bother this year, ill wait another year when ill maybe have a big build because i know right now im not going to enjoy the next 6months or so in the car as our crappy weather has started back slightly, thats if it is back :roll:
It is hard though as you are away working alot and im quite a busy person too.. Will organise a party one day for my car coming back :lol:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

So as im not quite sure where things stand, ive decided ill be doing what i shouldnt have to.. Jumping a train to go see things in flesh... at some point this coming week.

The last couple of things i heard were that my car is now in the workshop and that the block is on the engine stand so i will post up pics of where things stand when i get there during the week
craig

Post by craig »

Sorry to hear of your woes mate. I too am waiting to get my car sorted.

I've had a broken, unusable MR2 just parked up for 2 months since limping it back from the lemans trip. Getting a bit frustrated with it all, so know exactly how you feel.

Can't do anything about it though, as the car is waiting in the queue to have the engine built.

:(
Last edited by craig on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeny

Post by greeny »

If you come to selling the beams on, let me know :thumleft:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

greeny wrote:If you come to selling the beams on, let me know :thumleft:

I will be letting it go at some point very soon however i dont think in one piece as it will need lots of work to body to look top notch and the map needs looked at aswell i think.
Plus transfering most parts to my build.
It is a solid machine otherwise! :mrgreen:
Rosssco

Post by Rosssco »

The BEAMS Rev 5 was my old car who sold it to Nikk back in the day (2006 I think)..

Loved that car, and would have liked to have gotten it back at some stage.. Too slow (me, not the car)..
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Gullzter wrote:So as im not quite sure where things stand, ive decided ill be doing what i shouldnt have to.. Jumping a train to go see things in flesh... at some point this coming week.

The last couple of things i heard were that my car is now in the workshop and that the block is on the engine stand so i will post up pics of where things stand when i get there during the week

Atleast that way you can see for yourself how it's going mate :)

Safe travels on your way down... Shame it wasn't the following week you were going down as i may be working in Manchester (not confirmed) and i was thinking of popping into to see about lifting this shell. :thumleft:

Either way mate I hope it's going well so you can get it home soon.. finally
'98 Rev5 Turbo (GEO 1S)

TOTB13 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
TOTB14 RWD 1/4mile 3rd place (Misfiring)
TOTB15 RWD 1/4mile 2nd place (HG Failure)
TOTB16 RWD 1/4mile 1st place
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

We are now getting along with this by the looks of it, some pics Peter has sent me..
At the workshop:

Also head gasket is on order, and was told engine to be dropped out tomorrow.
Last edited by Gullzter on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Member Profiles”