[Mk2] [Turbo] Will the ecu know it's gone?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Quibble

[Mk2] [Turbo] Will the ecu know it's gone?

Post by Quibble »

Am I going to have any issues with the ecu on a rev3 turbo that has power steering when I swap all the parts on to a rev1 n/a that has no power steering? Will I be getting problems from the ecu not seeing the power steering anymore, or will it just be a case of a light coming on on the dash? Thanks anyone.
bobhatton

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Will the ecu know it's gone?

Post by bobhatton »

We removed the power steering from a Rev2 turbo and no problems from the engine ECU
Last edited by bobhatton on Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Quibble

Post by Quibble »

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks mate. :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I have fitted an engine and ecu from an import with power steering to a rev1 uk car without power steering with no problems.
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
Quibble

Post by Quibble »

Did you happen to use the running gear as well as the engine and ecu? I just wondered if I might get some issues when I take over the rev3 turbo running gear/suspension to the rev1 n/a. You may have seen a previous post by me. I want to get a poly bush kit but I'm not sure if I'll have to mix it up between rev1 and rev3 if you know what I mean? Basically if I take over all the rev3 suspension/running gear and put it on a rev1 n/a will it fit, and when purchasing a poly bush kit do I just treat it as a rev 3? I did try emailing sbits about 3 weeks ago and I have pm'd the guy on here but I think he's busy at the moment. Although he did have time to leave a cryptic comment on that particular post, that leaves me none the wiser! :D
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I swapped the rev3 front hubs brakes and anti roll bars to the rev1 and the rev3 subfame, arms, driveshafts hubs anti roll bar on the back. Basically rev1 front rev3 rear which I was told by rogue was the best set up and yes its poly bushed throughout.
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Quibble wrote:Did you happen to use the running gear as well as the engine and ecu? I just wondered if I might get some issues when I take over the rev3 turbo running gear/suspension to the rev1 n/a. You may have seen a previous post by me. I want to get a poly bush kit but I'm not sure if I'll have to mix it up between rev1 and rev3 if you know what I mean? Basically if I take over all the rev3 suspension/running gear and put it on a rev1 n/a will it fit, and when purchasing a poly bush kit do I just treat it as a rev 3? I did try emailing sbits about 3 weeks ago and I have pm'd the guy on here but I think he's busy at the moment. Although he did have time to leave a cryptic comment on that particular post, that leaves me none the wiser! :D

Keep the rev 1 rear sub frame, far better for handling, but you will need turbo hubs and shafts. The poly bush kit is all the same for the rear rev 1 or rev 3.
Use the Rev1 front end as it has ajustment for caster
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Quibble

Post by Quibble »

Brilliant! Thanks guys. :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”