Best place to buy Raybrigs?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

munter

Best place to buy Raybrigs?

Post by munter »

I'm going to replace my yellowing and rust encased headlight lenses and it seems Raybrigs offer a good upgrade. Looking around I've found a couple of places to source them from:

eBay seller in Malaysia £80

RHDJapan £110

Obviously would be good to go with the cheaper supplier. Anyone have any experience with them (good service/not fakes?) Also on the off chance someone has a new pair lying around I'd be happy to make you an offer!

I'm also after new/good condition clips for holding the headlight eyebrows in place.

Thanks
Ben

Re: Best place to buy Raybrigs?

Post by Ben »

Not very helpful I know - I bought mine from a a member on here. I will however say they're a very worthy upgrade :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Best to scan eBay international to be fair, as I got mine from Japan in the end for £59 plus everything else.
Zirax

Post by Zirax »

The same seller has then for a few quid less on ebay.com
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

I got the full ray brig set up a while ago. Sorry to say, but i'm not impressed by them at all. A nice bright light yeah but as far as lighting up and projecting a good distance goes, i think a good set of bulbs and factory headlights are better.
Zirax

Post by Zirax »

aussieGT wrote:I got the full ray brig set up a while ago. Sorry to say, but i'm not impressed by them at all. A nice bright light yeah but as far as lighting up and projecting a good distance goes, i think a good set of bulbs and factory headlights are better.

Interesting as I couldn't find them for a while, I went for the brightest bulb you can legally have on the road with stock headlights.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”