skyline wheels - what nuts?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Black Light 93

skyline wheels - what nuts?

Post by Black Light 93 »

So I've got myself 4 r32 gtst wheels and 2 r32 gtr rims for the mr2. Leaving me 2 spare gtst wheels which I may keep as spares or get rid of later. To fit these I know I need some spigot rings like this item number from a well known auction site 251460151141
Can someone confirm that it is 66.1 to 60.1 rings I need? I also don't know what wheel nuts I need. Any help is appreciated. :thumleft:
Masacur

Re: skyline wheels - what nuts?

Post by Masacur »

Hi there,

I have a set of R32 GTR wheels as well.

As you can see, in the pics below, there is indeed a spigot ring required. I want to confirm if it is 66.1 --> 60.1 ring (MR2 Australia forum mentions this). Can anyone confirm this is correct size spigot rings?

R32 GTR wheel hub

Stock wheel hub

Furthermore, I have these wheel nuts. OK isn't it?

Nic

Post by Nic »

66.1mm-60.1mm is the correct size spigot ring, those wheel nuts should fit the wheels okay.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Masacur

Post by Masacur »

Thanks Nic!
Black Light 93

Post by Black Light 93 »

Yes. Should mention that these have been on my car for a little while now. I used some 60.1 -66.1 mm spigot rings (real tight on the wheel and smooth fit on the hub). I then used some m12x1.5mm nuts. 34mm length with 17mm head. Added a wheel brace from a citroen c1 into the toyota tool kit too so I can remove them at the side of the road if needed
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

if the skyline wheels have a flat face where the wheel nut sits against then you'll need normal OEM wheel nuts, if it's a conical surface then most aftermarket wheel nuts will do the job. I fitted evo 6 wheels on mine and had to get the Mitsu wheel nuts to mount the wheels vibration free (and spigot rings obv )
Nic

Post by Nic »

raptor95GTS wrote:if the skyline wheels have a flat face where the wheel nut sits against then you'll need normal OEM wheel nuts, if it's a conical surface then most aftermarket wheel nuts will do the job.

They definitely use conical/tapered wheel nuts.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”