DAMNED TOYOTA

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

adam maclean

DAMNED TOYOTA

Post by adam maclean »

Been to Mr T's to get some small bits and pieces. I recently bought a rev 3 spoiler to replace my rev 2 one. The rubber gasket things between the boot lid and spoiler legs look a little mildewed so I decided to buy some new ones. Went to T's but they couldn't look for the part because they need a chassis number and model code before they can access the parts list. Since mine is a rev 2 it wont show the parts I need :evil: and they can't simply call up a generic parts page so i can show them what I want. (Ford and Honda parts dept were far easier to deal with.)

Is there any one kind enough out there with a rev 3/4 car that can lend me their chassis and model number so I can get these parts [-o< or can tell me the part number I need. I know I'm asking a lot but please help.
Mark Edwards

Re: DAMNED TOYOTA

Post by Mark Edwards »

Just tell them what you're doing and they SHOULD help you. You don't need a chassis number at all to get on the system, it just makes it easier for them as they're lazy.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
michael

Post by michael »

^^

What he said - you can search using keywords, either they don't know how to use the system or they can't be bothered.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

michael wrote:^^

What he said - you can search using keywords, either they don't know how to use the system or they can't be bothered.

Can't be bothered is more likely.

Try this part number.

76874-17040
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Try this - its from a Rev 3 Turbo :

sw20 0106147
e-sw20-ajmzz

Folks - do not post your own cars chassis details here.
rore

Post by rore »

76874-17040 RH and 76873-17040 LH

Check out http://carfiche.com/fiche004/sw20/index.pl?4:i:11

And go down a couple of pages if you need any other part numbers

HTH Rory
Muffleman

Post by Muffleman »

My local dealer was just as helpful, flatly refused until I coughed up a chassis number !
adam maclean

Chasis number

Post by adam maclean »

Thanks for all the help :D . I appreciate that it is dangerous to post chasis numbers any where. Ill try another Toyota tomorrow.
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Guys, to be fair to Mr T, unless they have a list of the chassis nos indicating the revision changes, there's no way of them knowing that they're looking at the right part. After all, the Rev2 and Rev3 have different spoilers, so using any SW20 chassis no is NOT going to work (it's not going to guarantee they're giving you the right part).

Of course, if you're lucky enough to come across a parts guy that loves his tubbies and is prepared to do a bit of groundwork for you, then the chassis no won't be a problem.

Personally, despite having dealt with some very clued up parts guys, I still prefer to find out the part no myself, especially if it's not a part that belongs to my revision of car.
Dino
-----------------------------------------------------
Click here for MR2 Mania Website
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Pm me some details and i'll check the EPC for you.
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

if they suplied the bits your asking for without the numbers and it was wrong im sure u would give them even more grief. as said there are different revs, if someone working there doesnt know an mr2 they dont know what to look for properly thats why it helps to have a chassis number as 99% of the time its right for that car. dont blame the people, we cant help it if the system is crap, but we have to put up with it :(
adam maclean

Cheeky Toyota

Post by adam maclean »

Chasis number worked ok :) and after looking at the diagram I ordered the part I needed. Only trouble was the part, when it came back, was completely different from what it looks like on my rev 3 boot lid. The cheeky Bu**ers also expected me to pay for it as it was a "special order" :lol: Can any one help me further (I don't want to go back to Toyota) I need the pieces of rubber that go between the spoiler legs and boot lid on a rev 3 MK2 MR2. Thanks in advance.
MR2Mania

Re: Cheeky Toyota

Post by MR2Mania »

adam maclean wrote:Chasis number worked ok :) and after looking at the diagram I ordered the part I needed. Only trouble was the part, when it came back, was completely different from what it looks like on my rev 3 boot lid. The cheeky Bu**ers also expected me to pay for it as it was a "special order" :lol: Can any one help me further (I don't want to go back to Toyota) I need the pieces of rubber that go between the spoiler legs and boot lid on a rev 3 MK2 MR2. Thanks in advance.

Mate, try this little collage I knocked up for ya:

From that, it looks like the pieces are dependant on the side of the car, so I'm guessing you need:
76874-17070 (nearside) - family part code 76874B
76873-17070 (offside) - family part code 76873A

Hope this helps
Dino
Click here for MR2 Mania Website
adam maclean

Diagram

Post by adam maclean »

Thats the diagram Toyota has as well but when I got the part back it didn't look anything like what is on the spoiler now. And yes it is a standard spoiler.
Frustrated Pilot

Post by Frustrated Pilot »

Contact Isle of Whight Toyota
ask for Dave in parts.

tell him what ya doing.

he will get you anything - manuals - tools - parts and he doesnt need a damn freaking number

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”