[Mk2] [Generic] Not blowing warm air..

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Benstanley

[Mk2] [Generic] Not blowing warm air..

Post by Benstanley »

Hi all, had a good search on the forum to no avail. Now I know what people are going to say in response to the title but it isn't anything to do with the coolant etc.

When I bought the car the heater was stuck in the half way position, and there was a spare in the boot. So tonight Ii stripped down the dash and replaced the whole heater control unit. But now there isn't any hot air coming through no matter what setting I have it on.....

Any ideas?
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Not blowing warm air..

Post by Martin F »

might be a clogged heater matrix, or even a trapped air pocket, did you have any warm air before changing the unit ?
Benstanley

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Not blowing warm air..

Post by Benstanley »

Yeah there was warm/hot air before I Changed it but it was stuck on the middle setting. I think that I may have disconnected one of the retracting wires that opens the system for the hot air but I cant seem to find where....had another look about an hour ago but was pretty dark.

Its a rev1 and there are 2 retractable wires (cant think of how to describe them) When manually moving the furthest one theres a change in sound but the closest one seems inactive.

Return to “Mechanical”