coilover fitting advice...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ceejay

coilover fitting advice...

Post by ceejay »

About to fit some HSD monopros this weekend.. Just asking if there any helpful advice to make the process go smoothly. I've fitted coilovers many times before just never on a mr2.. I've heard the brake cable was designed so you had to take the cable off the caliper to get it through the mount..

Any pointers would be great

Cheers!
Gullzter

Re: coilover fitting advice...

Post by Gullzter »

Not sure about coilovers but the stock shockers have closed brake cable brackets so brackets either have to be cut to get cable out or you have to remove brake cable then im guessing you would bleed the system once connected.
With new coilovers id go for disconnecting the brake lines and then bleeding after reconnecting if the brackets are the same style as stock.
Donato

Post by Donato »

It's all straight forward really. The brake lines are enclosed in a bracket, so you'll have to cut the bracket to get them out. The HSD's don't come with brackets for your brake lines, so don't need to worry there.

Just make sure you're droplinks are removeable, or you'll be cutting the old ones off and buying new ones. You don't need shortened droplinks with HSD's because the brackets are adjustable.

Make sure you copper grease all the bolts and threads when putting back together and lubricate the pillowballs. The HSD's require lubricating quite often.

Be prepared for a stiff ride!!

:thumleft:
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

cheers guys.. im used to the stiff right i had budget FK AK streets on my old car and it felt like a washing machine so i dont think it can be any worst :L..

fingers crossed my drop links are removable :-k

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”