Looking for old members

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RST

Looking for old members

Post by RST »

OK, I haven't searched but from maybe 5/6 years ago now there were a few MK 1 owners I met through Shane Watt organising "Highland Drives". I just wonder if there's any guys still around these days? Was hoping "Bill" from Aberdeen was still around (haven't heard from Tracey our mutual friend in ages), Jinxy (Tony). I ping Shane and Susan Watt a phone call just literally out of the blue every now and again.

...Just trying to be friendly and hope everyone is doing OK these days.
jimi

Re: Looking for old members

Post by jimi »

:thumleft: I'm still here and my car is still going well 8)
Last time I saw Shane and co was on the 3rd Aberedeenshire Drive in 2008.
Which IIRC you were on :D
I've still got the DVD of that run, great day out 8)

more pics here http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jlawson4/3rd ... ve%202008/
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Jinxy is still around (just)
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

Good to hear from you jimi, you may not remember but I came up to you with my very first MR2 for help 'quadding' my rear lights!

I guess I've had MR2s for the last five years almost... That makes me a bit old! :pale:
RST

Post by RST »

Thought I saw my old car then but it's another Aqua, not mine LoL. Was that the one Pete and Rema did the DVD for?

Was trying to think back -last drive I did was when Shane's brother had that terrible accident on Skye where the car flipped. IIRC I left you guys at the first stop-off on Sky after the bridge and turned back, had other commitments on that weekend.

...Just remembered that was the day 2 dozen horses jogged up the road past me, with some old guy with a stick passing 5 mins afterwards up the back of Loch Ness on the way home. Very nearly had Tesco steaks all over my bonnet if I hadn't stopped so quick after turning the corner!

I think the last drive I met up on was when I took my friend Jamie (jimjams) down Aviemore way one night to hook-up for a few cokes in the hotel everyone was staying at -think that was an 'oc drive though. I can't remember the dates these days.

I'll have to give Shane a buzz again and find if he's still around these days.
jimi

Post by jimi »

RST wrote: Was that the one Pete and Rema did the DVD for?

:thumleft:
That's the one, funnily enough I came across the DVD at Christmas and watched it again. Excellent day out 8)

synXero
I remember :) that was a while ago now !
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

RST wrote:Was trying to think back -last drive I did was when Shane's brother had that terrible accident on Skye where the car flipped. IIRC I left you guys at the first stop-off on Sky after the bridge and turned back, had other commitments on that weekend.

Hiya! That was the one where I got to enjoy that particular ride from the inside. Good memories! LOL! (Actually, I do have great memories from the trip, I just try to blank out that bit)

I'm still around... Sort of. Even though I still have my Mk1 (and still have love for her) I haven't been keeping up with the club scene for the last few years. Just have had far too many work commitments and things kinda got out of hand with the Mk1 club for me, so I just let it all drop a bit from my life. I'm hoping to come back again this year! Good to see some of the longer-term members are still around! :)
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

jinxy is still trading under
EDITED BY ADMIN
not sure about much else though.

ADMIN: Tony would need to register as a trader to advertise on here

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”