[Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC fault & idle cut

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tarmac terrorist

[Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC fault & idle cut

Post by tarmac terrorist »

Problem 1:
I have a problem with my Apexi power FC when I have the commander connected while the car is running I have noticed that the voltage starts at 13.5volts & drops to 9volts, & if I just have the ignition on it drops to 5 volts the car sounds different when connected & sometimes won't start, as soon as you disconnect it all problems seem to go! I suspect it's the commander , it's been mapped & there was no problems when mapping was done so don't think it's the connections in ecu any ideas or anyone know someone that can check the commanders

Problem2:
Randomly my idle changes high to low & low to high when warm &occasionally will try to cut out as you come to stop or roll in traffic so you have to keep blipping throttle I have tried adjusted throttle stop & base idle in ECU but it still does it any ideas to fix. I run
HKS 264 exhaust
HKS 272 intake
RMR manifold
75mm BBK T/body

Thanks Nick
RyanRs

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Power FC fault & idle cut

Post by RyanRs »

Dont know about the first problem Nick other than check your wiring is still all intact, perhaps run a new solid live to all the +12 inputs from the battery.

The second however sounds like the IACV. when fully open they will rev at 2000rpm ish and if its sticking it will give similar symptoms. take it off ,strip it and clean :) -carb cleaner works well
tarmac terrorist

The actual power to battery & all circuits & battery are fine it's only when you connect the commander that the voltage reading on there drops Ryang said they are common to pack up just wondered if anyone can check them over , ye you could be right with the idle control valve :-k will have to make a gasket then take off & have a little clean up :) it only happens every now & then
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Id say loose the ancient PFC and get a Linkplus G3 nick ;D so much more up to date piece of kit. try the commander on someone elses PFC and see if it does the same to there one -or there commander in yours?

Watch that IACV , mine stuck at 2k once soon as i let the clutch up in 1st and the car started speeding off at pace!
tarmac terrorist

Can't afford to but if I ever did think I would go syvecs :)
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Thats why you sell the PFC first nick duhh! :roll: Considering the resale price of a pfc + commander nowadays is about £650, a link plus only sells for about £850 with adapter loom.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

I would be careful plugging in and out commanders with the engine running.
It has been known to wipe maps!

Return to “Mechanical”