Importcarparts.co.uk?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

Importcarparts.co.uk?

Post by MR2 Rich »

Anyone bought anything off www.importcarparts.co.uk? They have a really good deal on a Gates cambelt kit on their website, just wondering if anyone has used them?

Cheers Rich
No 2 :(
JD

Re: Importcarparts.co.uk?

Post by JD »

I bought a water pump once - no problems to report.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Thanks JD, they have a water pump with the thermostat housing as well which I was thinking of buying. Can't find anywhere else that sells the complete unit and not just the water pump on its own.
RST

Post by RST »

My only experience was when I had my Aristo a few years ago. Bought new discs and pads from them amongst other bits) -the discs and pads lasted about 300 miles before they were shot and needed replacing. I haven't bought from them since as they fell to the bottom of the supplier list, but a gates belt should be a gates belt I guess. I found some stuff from them was under a different name -e.g. I don't mind Blueprint, Delphi etc, but some of their stuff I thought wasn't OEM equivalent (hence the cheapness).
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

RST wrote:My only experience was when I had my Aristo a few years ago. Bought new discs and pads from them amongst other bits) -the discs and pads lasted about 300 miles before they were shot and needed replacing. I haven't bought from them since as they fell to the bottom of the supplier list, but a gates belt should be a gates belt I guess. I found some stuff from them was under a different name -e.g. I don't mind Blueprint, Delphi etc, but some of their stuff I thought wasn't OEM equivalent (hence the cheapness).

That doesn't sound good. Thanks for posting. Might get the water pump somewhere else. The Gates belt comes with Toyota tensioner so should be ok.
RST

Post by RST »

.....yea, just as any website, just be aware of cheap stuff. It's almost always too good to be true. But if they quote named stuff then no bother.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Definitely, I don't want any Chinese crap ruining everything!
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

MR2 Rich wrote:Thanks JD, they have a water pump with the thermostat housing as well which I was thinking of buying. Can't find anywhere else that sells the complete unit and not just the water pump on its own.

Toyota sell it like this, just need to order right part number.
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
ElvisRockVinyl

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

Been using them for about 10 years now...well for as long as I've owned my mr2, in that time I've had front brake pads which are on 60k now and only half down, handbrake cables, water temp sensor, air filters, distributor caps, drayco timing belt kit, water pump, rear drop links which are also on 70k and still tight I've so had a clutch and slave plus master cylinder, so yea i can vouch for them, the distributor caps are good....made by niparts and last a good long time, they are very swift too and nothings to much trouble, i use them because mines an import 3SGE and they cater for imports more than the others i find that with mine things like timings belt kits differ to that of the uk model.

others to try are fensport.com, camskill.com, mr2ben.com
Last edited by ElvisRockVinyl on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

ElvisRockVinyl wrote:they cater for imports as i find that with mine things like timing belt kits are identical to that ik the uk model.

Corrected for you. :thumleft:
ElvisRockVinyl

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
ElvisRockVinyl wrote:they cater for imports as i find that with mine things like timing belt kits are identical to that ik the uk model.

Corrected for you. :thumleft:

no there not mate, uk rev 2 has has a different timing belt setup to the import as i found out, belt tentioner is different, on my import its spring loaded
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Tensioner is different, i agree. Both easily available over the counter through ADT.
ashley

Post by ashley »

ElvisRockVinyl wrote: I've had front brake pads which are on 60k now

Your brake pads have lasted 60k miles?? Image

Do you use the brake pedal (the one in the middle)?
ElvisRockVinyl

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

ashley wrote:

Your brake pads have lasted 60k miles??

lol haha yea just don't drive like im having trouble taking off, use the engine a lot to slow me down
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

ElvisRockVinyl wrote:
ashley wrote:

lol haha yea just don't drive like im having trouble taking off, use the engine a lot to slow me down

Brakes last 60k - clutches…… :oops:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

ElvisRockVinyl wrote:
ashley wrote:

ElvisRockVinyl

Post by ElvisRockVinyl »

aussieGT wrote:
ElvisRockVinyl wrote:
ashley wrote:

how long do breaks last on the mr2 then, mines been pretty good to be honest, also my clutch is pretty much left untouched when slowing down as i don't go down through the gears like 4th to 3rd to 2nd etc as there is no need if you read the road and what's coming up and leave a good gap between you and the car in front then your breaks can last ages lol trust me guys

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”