[Mk2] [NA] Beams Redtop help needed

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattp

[Mk2] [NA] Beams Redtop help needed

Post by mattp »

I am trying to find out where to purchase a throttle body gasket for a Beams Redtop, I believe and correct me if wrong, the part number for this is 22271 88560.

My local Toyota dealership have never heard of a Redtop so does not inspire confidence but can get hold of it from Japan but will take 2-3 months .

Does anyone know anywhere else I could get hold of one of these that wont take this amount of time?

Thanks
thomp1983

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Beams Redtop help needed

Post by thomp1983 »

If it's just a paper gasket just use some instant gasket with the original or get some gasket paper from a motor factors and make a new one
mattp

Post by mattp »

hmm didnt think of that, although looking at it i think its probably a metal one. Not taken off yet after hearing 2-3 months. Ill look into that though, thanks for that suggestion
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

mattp wrote:I am trying to find out where to purchase a throttle body gasket for a Beams Redtop, I believe and correct me if wrong, the part number for this is 22271 88560.

My local Toyota dealership have never heard of a Redtop so does not inspire confidence but can get hold of it from Japan but will take 2-3 months .

Does anyone know anywhere else I could get hold of one of these that wont take this amount of time?

Thanks

That part number comes up with this

Part 22271-88560 (GASKET, THROTTLE BODY) was found on the following models:
Date range Model Frames/Options Found in diagram
12/1989-07/1999 TOYOTA MR2 SW20 22-11: FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
09/1993-07/1999 TOYOTA CELICA ST20* 22-11: FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
08/1997-08/2002 TOYOTA CALDINA AT211,CT216,ST21* 22-11: FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
04/1994-04/2000 TOYOTA RAV4 SXA1* 22-11: FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
synXero

Post by synXero »

If I still had my red top id help out. I can only suggest seeking out the elusive beams owners club and getting help from them, typically Mandalay or Protok or one of the others can help.
mattp

Post by mattp »

Cheers for the help guys.
I popped into my local Europarts today and had a chat with them and they said try the old school method of cardboard as wont be a hot part of the engine.
Asked them about using a liquid gasket and they said def not as wont be hot enough to cure. So looks like Kellog's to the rescue :thumleft:
RST

Post by RST »

2-3 months! Most of my cars have been JDM ibcl my BEAMS, MRT have insisted they source from JP rather than the same Euro part unless I insist. Usually stuff from JP is within 1 week, compared to 1-3 days V.O.R. from UK or Belgium. I would push them for parts, the only folk who quote me in weeks is aftermarket.

...I would check up on the BEAMS forum, most stuff from JP (unless it's really weird) I've found touches base in the UK within 36h. Get yourself on toyodiy also for that engine. Your local MrT won't have heard of it -but parts usually available quite easy.
2tmike

Gasket

Post by 2tmike »

Just had a look at mine. Whatever gasket is in there is pretty thin, you can't really see any sign of it from the outside and the mateing surfaces pull up almost touching

Return to “Mechanical”