[Mk2] [NA] Which induction kit for my 1996 n/a

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

markyj1969

[Mk2] [NA] Which induction kit for my 1996 n/a

Post by markyj1969 »

A bit of advice please guys, which induction kit should I get for my 2 n/a, just want something that's gonna make it sound a bit more meaty, I looked around a bit and the Apexi seems to be the kit of choice but I can't seem to find one online in the UK, so if anyone knows where or if they are still for sale, please feel free to point me in the right direction, any advice or experiences would be great, cheers !
RST

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Which induction kit for my 1996 n/a

Post by RST »

Power Enterprise every bit as good as A'Pexi and Blitz LM also in my experience, all similar prices and specs. Fitted 3/4 LM kits on 3S engines over the last couple of years as they were much easier to get. Just make sure you fit a heat shield and some decent cold air feed, otherwise if it's sitting open in a hot engine bay it's no wonder power can drop.
markyj1969

Post by markyj1969 »

Ok thanks for that, I've just Lund some Apexi ones on a foreign website called nengun, I wonder if they are genuine or knock offs :)
RST

Post by RST »

Nengun is a good parts supplier. Search around. BUT I got fed up with importers when UK (equivalent parts) stock was available direct off the shelf. Your choice, A'Pexi is a nice filter, but I don't think it's any better than maybe 2/3 others.
markyj1969

Post by markyj1969 »

Yeh I'm looking at that power enterprise you said about, not sure that comes with a heat shield or not
RST

Post by RST »

None of them will -make templates out of cardboard, get thin ali sheet from BnQ or the likes, same for the cold air feed, trip to halfords or the local factors to get some ali ducting, tiewraps etc

Return to “Modifications”