[Mk2] [Turbo] Ultra Power Earth System

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

[Mk2] [Turbo] Ultra Power Earth System

Post by Scott Barton »

What are peoples thoughts on this bit of kit? Not that I am going to spend this kind of money on what is effectively a grounding kit...but the benefits claimed on the link seem pretty impressive!

http://www.rhdjapan.com/ultra-power-ear ... iii-v.html
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
C35Rob

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Ultra Power Earth System

Post by C35Rob »

frankly, a complete load of rubbish. will achieve absolutely nothing.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Remember the "Peckham Spring Water" episode?

Karl had about 20 earth wires to his engine :? AND they HKS printed on them every 4.5 inches, so i guess that made them better than just 20 regular earth wires.

Apparantly much, much better than the two that Toyota and just about every other manufacturer deem sufficient.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

It's amazing what gets marketed and sucks people in. :lol:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
ashley

Post by ashley »

I did read that thinking about the electric superchargers you can buy :wink:
craig

Post by craig »

ashley wrote:I did read that thinking about the electric superchargers you can buy :wink:

Not forgetting the ever popular horse power increasing power boost resistors! :lol:
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
Karl had about 20 earth wires to his engine :? AND they HKS printed on them every 4.5 inches

That did look really silly :?
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

ashley wrote:I did read that thinking about the electric superchargers you can buy :wink:

What? they don't work? I made 1000B.H.P when I twinned one of these up with my ct26 #-o
Draven

Post by Draven »

:thumleft: Bargain..

although checking and cleaning up or replacing earth straps that are on the car right now is always a good idea. :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

i dont see an issue with these other than just make your own.

they are known to help ignition issues on the skyline, made a difference on mine.

on the mr2 though, who knows, but i dont believe this is in the same catagory as electric SC's for example.
adding more earths will do no harm.

many do the big 3 for sound systems which is a similar concept.
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

I have an ebay earthing kit. :oops: seems decent quality though. I think I was spurred onto it by the fact that my OEM batt clamp was shagged, I also figured it would help my P/S whine through after-market stereo (it didnt, at least not much!)

I did 'feel' an improvement - just weird little things like the dash light not dimming as much with the headlights popped up etc... but perhaps nothing anything that couldn't be dismissed as placebo or a previously bad batt contact!! and likely no more improvement that a simple check/ cleaning/ replacing of the existing earths.

I would say that our cars have been a long time out of the factory... and there does appear to lots of little earths scattered throughout... given most might not know where they all are and what condition they are in whats the harm of 'bolting on'?
shinny

Post by shinny »

If you buy this earthing kit, may I also interest you in some audiophile ethernet cables to improve your digital music listening experience?

http://www.audioquest.com/ethernet/diamond
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Ste2 wrote:I have an ebay earthing kit. :oops: seems decent quality though. I think I was spurred onto it by the fact that my OEM batt clamp was shagged, I also figured it would help my P/S whine through after-market stereo (it didnt, at least not much!)

I did 'feel' an improvement - just weird little things like the dash light not dimming as much with the headlights popped up etc... but perhaps nothing anything that couldn't be dismissed as placebo or a previously bad batt contact!! and likely no more improvement that a simple check/ cleaning/ replacing of the existing earths.

I would say that our cars have been a long time out of the factory... and there does appear to lots of little earths scattered throughout... given most might not know where they all are and what condition they are in whats the harm of 'bolting on'?

Can I ask if you managed to cure your whine from the power steering? if so PLLLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE tell me how you did it :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: _ have been trying off and on for the last 2 years to sort this. Many thanks.
Draven

Post by Draven »

shinny wrote:If you buy this earthing kit, may I also interest you in some audiophile ethernet cables to improve your digital music listening experience?

http://www.audioquest.com/ethernet/diamond

Haha brilliant. Oh wow..

"All audio cables are directional. The correct direction is determined by listening to every batch of metal conductors used in every AudioQuest audio cable. Arrows are clearly marked on the connectors to ensure superior sound quality. For best results have the arrow pointing in the direction of the flow of music. For example, NAS to Router, Router to Network Player."
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

slipping clutch wrote:
Ste2 wrote:I have an ebay earthing kit. :oops: seems decent quality though. I think I was spurred onto it by the fact that my OEM batt clamp was shagged, I also figured it would help my P/S whine through after-market stereo (it didnt, at least not much!)

Can I ask if you managed to cure your whine from the power steering? if so PLLLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEE tell me how you did it :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: _ have been trying off and on for the last 2 years to sort this. Many thanks.

i am assuming you have an aftermarket stereo with active system? If so, there is a supposed cure by relocating one of the pins on the stereo harness:

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/41/131722.html

I bought a new harness as the one i had was a little butchered... but yet to try this

Return to “Modifications”