Can I run run rx8 discs on the front??

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ath16

Re: Can I run run rx8 discs on the front??

Post by ath16 »

Hey there bud would I be able to run rx8 discs on the front and run my standard discs in the back ?
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

ath16 wrote:Hey there bud would I be able to run rx8 discs on the front and run my standard discs in the back ?

you could but it wouldn't be the best idea and braking performance would be in all likelihood reduced from stock. Std rear discs are bigger (just) in diameter from std fronts. Fit supra 325 or lexus 315 mm discs front to the rx8 323 mm on the rear.
goggins1234

larger discs

Post by goggins1234 »

hi I'm very much interested in this would there be any mod's involved. can the stock calipers be re-used is it just a case of replacing the stock discs with larger ones is it straight forward??
my wheels are 17"
I own a mr2 1997 uk n/a
I will be doing a turbo conversion at a later date and would like to put larger brake discs all round I believe the discs on the rear would still fit? when I do my conversion gearbox driveshafts hubs?
any info would really be appreciated :-)
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

this can be done, you need the adapet brackets that gazs gets made up :thumleft:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Vampire wrote:this can be done, you need the adapet brackets that gazs gets made up :thumleft:

Hi Vampire, am I right in thinking you have the bbk brackets from the 'cantfindausername' group buy?

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “Modifications”