[Mk2] [NA] Clutch Dragging

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

zombie_dave

[Mk2] [NA] Clutch Dragging

Post by zombie_dave »

Looking for some ideas guys - I had a new Genuine exedy clutch fitted to my rev 3NA back in october 2013.

The previous clutch was a cheap ebay thing and the friction material had come away from the plate.

The exedy plate has been all good up until monday this week. it seems to be dragging and has lost some of its bite. (its not an aggressive bit anymore)

is the clutch on its way out again or could it be the fluid needs changing etc? - if so would this have such a sudden effect?

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Clutch Dragging

Post by Ryan S »

zombie_dave wrote:Looking for some ideas guys - I had a new Genuine exedy clutch fitted to my rev 3NA back in october 2013.

The previous clutch was a cheap ebay thing and the friction material had come away from the plate.

The exedy plate has been all good up until monday this week. it seems to be dragging and has lost some of its bite. (its not an aggressive bit anymore)

is the clutch on its way out again or could it be the fluid needs changing etc? - if so would this have such a sudden effect?

Cheers in advance for any suggestions.

check the fluid level, check to see if the slave cylinder is leaking. exedy are good and the part should be under warranty so you'd get a replacement, i doubt your labour costs would be covered though.

Return to “Mechanical”