[FINALIZED] 10th Anniversary Turbo - Rev 3 - Completely restored

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rory

10th Anniversary Turbo - Rev 3 - Completely restored

Post by Rory »

I'm contemplating selling my recently built Rev 3 Turbo due to the fact that I'm just not using it... I dont think it's actually left my garage more than 5 times since I got it back from the bodyshop last summer.

A complete build thread is here -

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Here are the basic specs -

The car was a standard UK Rev 3 10th Anniversary edition t-bar. Pacific-Works transplanted a full Rev 3 Turbo lump from my well looked after yellow tubby for me. Other parts were also transferred from my yellow tubby. The car was then completely stripped and a high end respray done by Hybrid Paintworks (at considerable cost). The colour and finish look awesome. In bright sunlight it looks a lot lighter. As soon as it gets a little darker it really transforms.

The car has the following -

BC Coilovers (covered no more than a couple of thousand miles. As good as new)
Blitz Nur Spec (as good as new)
Whitline ARB front and rear
Rota Torque (Correctly staggered) wheels
Greddy Profec Spec 2 boost controller
Turbo XS Dump valve
Rev 5 rear spoiler.

It is currently taxed and the MOT runs until late summer (I'll confirm date later)

I'll let the photos do it justice. The private plate is not included.

Please keep this thread tidy. I wont be breaking it so no offers for parts. At this time it will only be advertised here. If it doesn't sell to an enthusiast then I'll stick it on ebay. At the moment I'm looking for about £4500 for it which is a bargain. It cost me thousands more to build. Be quick before I change my mind! PM me any questions.
jonnie m

mk2

Post by jonnie m »

hi. some interior & bay shots would be good matey. thanks!
Rory

Re: [FINALIZED] 10th Anniversary Turbo - Rev 3 - Completely restored

Post by Rory »

I've decided to stick it on ebay also as they have deals on listings this weekend -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1223682920

There is a pre-spray engine shot on there but i don't have one newer I'm afraid. Lots of engine bits were cleaned/polished/painted. Interior is pretty stock to be honest and in very good condition. I'll try and take a photo later today or during the week.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

:shock: What a lovely example, of nothing short of amazing, such a shock your contemplating selling her..and right before the spring-summer time when you can enjoy her!

I know that your ebay listing states a price

Please can you state a price for IMOC, thanks :) :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

I feel sure this could be the car that davesgtst bloke was waiting for...?
Davegtst

Post by Davegtst »

What's your phone number. I might be able to come over now! Only in Stevenage
Rory

Post by Rory »

Sorry price is £4500. If anyone is serious then please call me on 07850 954292. I may not be able to answer the phone all the time.
Rory

Post by Rory »

Davegtst wrote:What's your phone number. I might be able to come over now! Only in Stevenage

Sorry I'm out right now. But if you're close we can arrange a viewing.
Davegtst

Post by Davegtst »

Are you going to be in later? I'm going to look at another car on Tuesday so really need to look at this ASAP before I make a decision.
Rory

Post by Rory »

A couple of people have asked for interior shots. I'm afriad I dont have any really good ones. The interior is stock and in very good condition. Minimal wear to seats etc

Interior with old stereo

With new stero

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

What a lovely looking car. Love the colour, the stance and especially the cleanliness :thumleft:

I like the whole OEM+ look and the handling mods as you're just improving on what's already good about the car.

Hmm :-k
synXero

Post by synXero »

Magic Beans wrote:Hmm :-k

Yeeeessss.
craig

Post by craig »

Do it Phil, then jump on the Lemans trip. Roof out......mountain roads....shades on.......30 degrees....you know it makes sense! :mrgreen:
Draven

Post by Draven »

RedMR² wrote:Do it Phil, then jump on the Lemans trip. Roof out......mountain roads....shades on.......30 degrees....you know it makes sense! :mrgreen:

:thumleft: I think i'll be doing Le man's with you guys next year when i've fixed up my 2 :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Has it been polybushed? Any signs of rust patches beginning on the chassis etc? I guess the T Bar seals are in good shape, or were they replaced?
Rory

Post by Rory »

Magic Beans wrote:Has it been polybushed? Any signs of rust patches beginning on the chassis etc? I guess the T Bar seals are in good shape, or were they replaced?

No signs of rust that I can see. The shell was pretty solid when I bought it. I made sure I had a good poke around with it on the ramp at pacific works before I started the project. Any small surface rust was taken back to the metal and properly peppered and painted. The worst rust found was behind the windscreen. This was fully ground back to fresh metal (photos in the project thread). Im not sure about polybushed but there is certainly no slop on the suspension on knocks/bangs etc. Luke at Pacific works has driven it (after he did the engine conversion). Its hardly driven any distance since then. Im sure he can give an honest opinion of it mechanically if anyone calls him. The previous owner told me the t-bar didnt leak. I used an awesome product to bring the seals back to life (they look very good). They dont leak when I wash the car however I must admit that ive not left it in the rain so cant comment on if they leak during a major downpoor. I suspect not as the car was totally dry inside when i purchased it.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was strawman

Return to “MR2s for Sale”