[Mk2] [Turbo] boost control and boost spikes.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] boost control and boost spikes.

Post by jimGTS »

i still say sell it to me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

jimGTS wrote:i still say sell it to me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i still say no :lol:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Tbh the ecu based speed delimiter is quite handy, seeing as most other delimiters mess with the steering sensitivity.

I remember a few years ago you couldnt give these blitz/mines ecus away, now everyone wants to sell em for almost the price of a standalone.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Race Idiot wrote:Tbh the ecu based speed delimiter is quite handy, seeing as most other delimiters mess with the steering sensitivity.

I remember a few years ago you couldnt give these blitz/mines ecus away, now everyone wants to sell em for almost the price of a standalone.

yeah, i seen one go for near £700 on ebay just a wee while ago, although i did see one go for around £400 too. insane prices, the car is at the power level i want it to be, i'd just like to have the boost control setting nailed down as i love the unit and how i've mounted it :(

decker2

Post by decker2 »

Sheppy, I have the same boost controller, it has two boost settings, both are adjusted independently. If you are on 'boost one' turn the adjuster on the back to set the target/max boost then flick over to 'boost two' and set its target/max again with adjuster on the back.
Both will remain set, I have mine at 10 and 14 respectively from memory my gain is set at 30% and 60%, mines a Rev2 so no doubt different levels etc. to yours.
Nice install! Mines still on the side of the tunnel so I can get to the rear adjustment easily while I'm setting it up.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

decker2 wrote:Sheppy, I have the same boost controller, it has two boost settings, both are adjusted independently. If you are on 'boost one' turn the adjuster on the back to set the target/max boost then flick over to 'boost two' and set its target/max again with adjuster on the back.
Both will remain set, I have mine at 10 and 14 respectively from memory my gain is set at 30% and 60%, mines a Rev2 so no doubt different levels etc. to yours.
Nice install! Mines still on the side of the tunnel so I can get to the rear adjustment easily while I'm setting it up.

you are f**king kidding me?!?!?!?! hahahahah, i've had this fitted for over a year and did not know that!!! thanks man, this is superb news!!!

as for the install, this just pops out so you can adjust the back, very easy to do if you have a dremmel and a bit of patience, the 2 tabs on the side are still in place (the ones on the clock unit) and i taped the controller to them, not very pretty but you can't see it once it;s in place, also, i can take it out in 1 piece if i want, if it was bonded/tigersealed, it'd make a right mess, if you want pics just fire me a PM, thanks again for this amazing info :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”