Wheels.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GHOST

Wheels.

Post by GHOST »

Ok, so I got my new rubber last weekend, Toyo Tr1 215/40/17 on the front and Toyo T1 Sport 245/40/17's on the rear. I have a new trust with the car now it feels a little more familiar as I've been running Toyos for the last 5 years or so.

Anyway, I want to change my wheels. Currently I have Momo Arrows on which came with the car. They're a bit kerbed and I was considering getting them refurbed but its going to cost around £250 and I thought hell, just get a fresh set. I don't have a clue what the offset is on the Momos but they all measure 9" and sit quite well on the car. I've set my budget at £600 and they have to be 17's obviously to wear the tyres but I'm unsure what offset to get and whats going to fit.

Say, for instance I got 8J on the front and 9J on the rear, depending on the offset is this going to cause any problems? All suspension and calipers are standard REV5 N/A.

I was quite fancying the Dot Mugello in black as I'm rather partial to a deeper lip but I don't think they do them in a 17" anywhere over an 7J.

Whatever I get, I'm thinking dark in colour as my 2 is a Sonic Shadow.

So any advice?

Other thoughts are Rota Torque etc but I'm open to suggestions.

Been messing in photoshop.

Heres my car now:

And with the Rotas:

And the Dots (which I'm not sure I can get in the right width).

Give me some more ideas.
Nic

Re: Wheels.

Post by Nic »

There are a couple of good quality 17" wheels in the classifieds section at the moment.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=175878

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=175879

Can't believe these TE37's haven't been snapped up yet, that'd be where my money would go.

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... light=rays
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

I just popped up a thread selling Lenso D1R in 17 :)

Staggered fit and sit nice on a two
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

Cheers guys. I'd take those Lensos off you mate but I'm not a fan of the red lip. Real shame that as they're in my top five considerations.

I like those Blitz wheels too but not sure if they'd look quite small in a 17". No word on offsets either though from the seller.
Donato

Post by Donato »

The Rota Torque (Front) and the Rota Torque Drift (Rear) are a personal favourite. They work very well with the MR2!
cosmos

Wheels

Post by cosmos »

jimGTS has just bought some new wheels…check he might sell before long after his refurb.
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

I was just looking at those in gunmetal on Driftworks. 8" front and 9" rear but what et would I need for a 'meaty' look but still usable?
Draven

Post by Draven »

Donato wrote:The Rota Torque (Front) and the Rota Torque Drift (Rear) are a personal favourite. They work very well with the MR2!

:thumleft:
Nic

Post by Nic »

GHOST wrote:I was just looking at those in gunmetal on Driftworks. 8" front and 9" rear but what et would I need for a 'meaty' look but still usable?

http://mr2.gordaen.com/wt_calc.php
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Willenium

Post by Willenium »

I'd be tempted to stay with a nice bright silver. I've never really liked dark wheels, especially on a silver car (might as well be running steel wheels or just not wash them). I have to say, I quite like yours as it is but those Rays wheels might look ok too.
GHOST

Post by GHOST »

I think I'm torn between the Torque Drifts in 8 and 9" at ET35 or the Grid Drifts in 8 and 9". Only problem with the Grids is the 9" offset is 42 and the 8" is 30. Would this make the fronts stick out slightly more?

Also, gunmetal or bronze???

Choices choices.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”