Drives Side Electric Window

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nic

Drives Side Electric Window

Post by Nic »

There was a clunk from my drives side window the other day and the glass dropped in the door at an angle. I've got the door card off and it seems that the front of the glass is not properly supported and is hanging loose, it's difficult to see what's causing the problem but I think one of the supporting arms has broken. Just wondering if this is a common issue and whether it is likely to be a broken mechanism?
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Alex O

Re: Drives Side Electric Window

Post by Alex O »

Mine did this.

I had to replace the mechanism, not too hard to do.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I believe it's called the window regulator.... they're listed parts on the TCB parts website... Call Trevor there and I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out.

R.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I believe it's called the window regulator.... they're listed parts on the TCB parts website... Call Trevor there and I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out.

R.

Oooppps!
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Nic

Just removed all my window mechanism's as fitted poly windows so got the bits you might need, just let me know as was gonna toss them out
Nic

Post by Nic »

aj.extreme wrote:Nic

Just removed all my window mechanism's as fitted poly windows so got the bits you might need, just let me know as was gonna toss them out

Thanks aj, I need the drivers side mechanism, how much do you want for it? :thumleft:
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Do you want the whole thing? Or just a certain part as it's all in a box, drivers and passengers side mixed up lol if I knew what part you needed I could just send that as it all unbolts into seperate pieces. May save you time when fitting to just swap out the busted part?

Failing that I'll just send the lot :thumleft:

£15 posted?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I guess the arm snapped off just before one of the rivets/mount points? I bought 2 second hand doors once and both regulators were like this, at the front.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”