[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev4T with OEM airbag steering wheel ... Choosing the right BOSS kit ...

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Subtile

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev4T with OEM airbag steering wheel ... Choosing the right BOSS kit ...

Post by Subtile »

Hi there everybody,

I got a Rev4 Turbo JDM GT, with steering foglights, and OEM airbag steering wheel.

I'd like to keep the steering foglights function, and avoid airbag light on the dash ...

What kind of BOSS kit I must chose ?

I tried some research before posting this, but unfortunately I didn't found anything.

Thanks
Subtile

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev4T with OEM airbag steering wheel ... Choosing the right BOSS kit ...

Post by Subtile »

Bump ... nobody ? :?
mr2matt

Not exploding an airbag in your face at cloes range lol

Post by mr2matt »

Hi

Have you got a picture of your steering wheel with airbag, as I have literally just changed mine on my UK rev5 na and it was actually really easy. I don't have the steering fog lights on mine but looking at how the rest of the steering assembly is built (i.e. stalks etc.) I would imagine the system that detects how much you are turning is built in the main steering unit which you don't need to touch at all to change the steering wheel over, this is also where things such as wiper cancelling happen.

Does your steering wheel look like this?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Revision-4-S ... 2eca43bfe9

Also I believe I am correct in saying that UK or JDM, Turbo or NA, any revision of the car, the steering wheel boss mount is all the same fitment for the mk2, if I am incorrect in anything I have said here could someone let me know.

Regards

Matt[/img]
Subtile

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev4T with OEM airbag steering wheel ... Choosing the right BOSS kit ...

Post by Subtile »

Hi Matt,

thanks a lot for your help.

Yes, I got this steering wheel but no horn side buttons ...
To horn, I just push the airbag.

RHDjapan recommand to me the BOSS reference OT-202 ...

Do you think they're right ?
mr2matt

Post by mr2matt »

Hi mate

Sorry for the late reply, been really busy this week and haven't had a chance to get on the forum.

I've never seen a steering wheel like that without the horn buttons, but I've also not owned an imported MR2 so chances are the airbag is electrically wired in if you can push the airbag for the horn (Mine didn't have any electrical connections, just looked like a detonator pin), I'm sure there is someone else who would be able to clarify the info for you.

As for the boss that RHD Japan recommended, I'm not sure as I haven't looked at that one before, but I would imagine they are correct as they cater to JDM cars like yours.

But I'm afraid I can't help you really as it sounds like your steering wheel and airbag is wired/connected differently to how mine was.
Subtile

Post by Subtile »

Thanks a lot for the infos, I appreciate ;)

Return to “Modifications”