[FINALIZED] Beams SW20 / £3000

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Re: [FINALIZED] Beams SW20 / £3000

Post by SySanguinary »

synXero wrote:It would sell itself if only people would travel!!

That's the problem I had selling my CL. No one wanted to head North to Newcastle...

I took it to Manchester last weekend and left it with my Father. It had sold by Tuesday.

I don't understand people, who are looking for something a little different, and expect it to turn up on their doorstep!
Rosssco

Post by Rosssco »

SySanguinary wrote:
Ste2 wrote::shock:

There have been two MR2's I have been interested in recently. Both at opposite ends of the british isles. I think for sure I would have bought this on impulse by now if it were nearer.

Distance shouldn't be an issue if the right car comes along, especially in the UK.

I've travelled up and down the country many times when I was based in Manchester, you're well placed there.

I've just done a deal on a car and on Saturday morning (after my work's do) will be boarding a train from Newcastle to Devon to collect it. Now that's going to be a long day! :lol:

Half the fun in getting a new car is the journey to get it IMO! If you can't be bothered using a day and a couple hundred quid to go get the car, then you can't want it that much :lol:

I am tempted by this (having previously owned a JDM Rev5 BEAMS) especially at the bargain price its being offered at.. I have 2 cars though and can't justify another!
synXero

Post by synXero »

Rosssco wrote:
SySanguinary wrote:

There have been two MR2's I have been interested in recently. Both at opposite ends of the british isles. I think for sure I would have bought this on impulse by now if it were nearer.

Distance shouldn't be an issue if the right car comes along, especially in the UK.

I've travelled up and down the country many times when I was based in Manchester, you're well placed there.

I've just done a deal on a car and on Saturday morning (after my work's do) will be boarding a train from Newcastle to Devon to collect it. Now that's going to be a long day! :lol:

Half the fun in getting a new car is the journey to get it IMO! If you can't be bothered using a day and a couple hundred quid to go get the car, then you can't want it that much :lol:

I am tempted by this (having previously owned a JDM Rev5 BEAMS) especially at the bargain price its being offered at.. I have 2 cars though and can't justify another!

The drive back is the coolest bit 8) and always makes for a memory.
Ste2

Post by Ste2 »

SySanguinary wrote:

SySanguinary wrote:
synXero wrote:

I took it to Manchester last weekend and left it with my Father. It had sold by Tuesday.
!

I agree that it doesn't make sense but you've kinda proved the point! that's why they put chocolate bars near the supermarket till isn't it?

Had it have been around the corner I could have bought it without the gf even knowing! :clown:

hmmmm - do you mind PM'ing the reg plate so I can look up some insurance quotes?
synXero

Post by synXero »

Re insurance - I don't think the insurance plate will work through an online check. It's R671 TKV anyway. The insurance has always been the same as a 'regular' G-Ltd for me (but obviously it needs to be declared).

I'll reiterate now that the car's MOT will expire at end of December. I'm beginning to think it might be worth whizzing it through an MOT actually...
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

synXero wrote:Re insurance - I don't think the insurance plate will work through an online check. It's R671 TKV anyway. The insurance has always been the same as a 'regular' G-Ltd for me (but obviously it needs to be declared).

I'll reiterate now that the car's MOT will expire at end of December. I'm beginning to think it might be worth whizzing it through an MOT actually...

defo renew the MOT, daft not to really :)
madfish

Post by madfish »

I keep coming back to this. .. it is a stunner!

Ideally want a turbo but this makes me sense. ..
synXero

Post by synXero »

Back up on Pistonheads.

Last time I buy a new car before I've sold my own :lol:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... go/1925356
synXero

Post by synXero »

2,500 this weekend.
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

I know its no consolation and £2500 is REAL cheap for the car, but if this was a bit cheaper I'd take it off your hands instantly - In fact, I'd take it off you for £2500 if I had it - I just don't have it with christmas here and my current insurance due in a week ( £1300 )
synXero

Post by synXero »

I appreciate the gesture Libertine :thumleft:

Two more potential viewers in contact today, so fingers crossed... Selling at Christmas is really tough.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

If I had the space for it I'd probably have this off you, along with the SC kit. I've always loved it, it's a cracking car :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

Thanks MB. It is a cracker!

Looks like it's getting 6mo tax and an MOT this week, needs must - so I'll be looking for £3000 MOT'd for a year and with 6mo tax viewers!

Lots of people interested and regular PMs, just hard for people to make the journey up north (to the south of Scotland!) and fund a fun car at Xmas time.

Ah well!
RST

Post by RST »

If it helps anyone make their mind up travel's not really that much of an issue these days. Particularly perhaps when the offer of meeting folk at the airport or train station etc might be on the table? I would have thought it's be easy enough to get to Edinburgh.

I've often done a 600-1,200mile round trip buying, and sold a few cars from folk who've travelled the same to me. The cost isn't that much compared to the car and you always get a decent run back as a shakedown.

...Hope you don't mind me chipping in but I hope it helps. Must admit I miss my BEAMS, it was tweeked up but nothing much has been that much of a smile on my face in comparison. If I hadn't had mine before, I would have seriously considered this myself. Good luck with it.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Dude, can I be ultra critical and pick you up on the photographs on your advert?

Think about it from a buyer's point of view, you're sat there browsing through the (currently) 54 MR2 adverts on Pistonheads, what is it about the headline and main photo that draws you in?

Yours is a rare car in a fantastic colour, so why is the first photograph of the car on a ramp, in a dark garage? In fact why are all the pictures taken in the dark, in the rain, or on crappy camera-phones?

It's nice to know you keep it in a garage, but you dont need four photographs of it in a garage to prove it :wink:

Give it a wash, take it somewhere nice with a decent camera and get some good clear pictures of the exterior from all four quarters, interior pics (day and night if you want to show off the dials), engine-bay, boot, etc. It's an eye-catching car in good condition in a colour that looks fantastic with a bit of sunlight. With a decent set of photographs it'll sell itself :thumleft:

Sorry, don't mean to put a downer on what is clearly a fantastic car - I've just tried selling cars at this time of year before. The quality of the car will mean that it will sell easily if someone comes to look at it - but you need an ad that will persuade someone to pick up the phone in the first place :)
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Davegtst

Post by Davegtst »

I have to agree with Ben about the pictures I'm afraid. The first picture with it on a ramp gives the impression its always going wrong. You have some awesome scenery up there, put the correct reg plate on it and get some decent pictures. Also about the rebuild, what exactly was done? Just belts or bearings, oil pump etc? Why was it rebuilt too?
synXero

Post by synXero »

I agree guys, my advert has been totally rubbish :lol:

Unfortunately the reality of the situation is it has come down to a total lack of time to get a proper photoshoot. I haven't been using the car, so I have been leaving it in a garage in another city (home). When/if I am back I wash the car and make sure it's still in top nick, but otherwise have business needing doing or I wouldn't have been so likely to be home!

It is at least partly laziness on my sale front, but at first I was only testing the water and not all that serious. Now I am at the opposite end of the spectrum, so it's all come across as pretty amateur in the end. So many lessons learned.

Anyway, the car is off for a new MOT this week, and I've a very serious-sounding buyer who's on for both supercharger and car potentially. If he can't make it, I've got at least two who are still in regular contact and keen - one who has seen the car before, too - so I am confident it will be going quite soon.

I should have said I was going to re-MOT it for any buyer. Foolish mistake. Live and learn!
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

If you have it out mate, you could drop by mines, we can take it up the hills near me and get some decent shots. I have a nice new wide angle lens that would help get the interior better too.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Thanks for the offer Dale. I'll bear it in mind for next weekend (soonest I'd be able to).
hmltnangel

Post by hmltnangel »

Fine with me mate - I'll be about all weekend.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”