Car cover

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tsporter

Car cover

Post by Tsporter »

Looking for recommendations on a good car cover that I could leave on the car outdoors for a few weeks. Links would be great!?
urbanarcher

Re: Car cover

Post by urbanarcher »

Me too!
cogrog

Post by cogrog »

I bought a medium sized outside cover from Halfords, i had previously used two storm proof covers that were twice the price.
I must say i think the Halfords one is performing better has four understraps instead of two and covers the car almost down to ground level.
Tsporter

Post by Tsporter »

cogrog wrote:I bought a medium sized outside cover from Halfords, i had previously used two storm proof covers that were twice the price.
I must say i think the Halfords one is performing better has four understraps instead of two and covers the car almost down to ground level.

How long do you leave the halfords one on for at a time?
mario308

Post by mario308 »

As above, I too have the medium size cover from Halfords. I got it the day after our "great storm" as my car which lives outside filled with water and soaked the leather seats and carpets. :cry:
It is an old T-bar afterall.
So I've had the cover about 4 weeks now and take it off at the wk/end to drive the car and so far it's been fine and dry underneath.
Mine has 3 straps that go under the car right to left and it was about £50.
cogrog

Post by cogrog »

I normally take mine off once a week to let the air get to the bodywork,
but if during the winter you have to leave it on two or three weeks no problem.
Most of these covers are breathable and as such are not totally waterproof i suppose a more waterproof option is to cover this type of cover with a cheap plastic cover.
I have used cheap plastic covers in the past and the problem is movement in wind cheap plastic tends to rub against paintwork and mark it.
the three or four laver covers have a soft inner layer which will not mark paintwork.
This i am afraid is as good as it gets without a garage option.
Tsporter

Post by Tsporter »

So, with your recommendations, I went for the Halfords all seasons medium cover. Fits very well. Just put it on tonight so ill update in a few weeks!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”