Spoilers!?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

deejay

Spoilers!?

Post by deejay »

I've got a K-reg jap import 1993 Mr2 and want to fit a different spoiler to the rear end. Can anyone tell me what the big wing-type spoilers you see on the late (v-reg ish) spoilers are and if they can be fitted?

All the best
Benny (deejay) :?
Dave Couzens

Re: Spoilers!?

Post by Dave Couzens »

That is a revision 5 spoiler pretty pricey - about £450 for a real one. I think that www.revision6.com is now making replica ones though for a cheaper price. :)

You'll need holes drilling in the boot lid and holes filling on the rear wings when you take your spoiler off. So not a straight swap unfortunately.

HTH
shafster

Post by shafster »

if you mean this one

then it is the revision 5 spoiler and can be fitted no probs, but you will have to do absolutely loads of filling around where your existing 3 piece spoiler is. as when you remove your existing spoiler, it will leave about 10 extra holes in the bodywork and bootlid and you will need to drill extra holes for the new spoiler as well.

i can get you a brand new unprimered one - please contact me for details.

(edited by admin)
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Nice sales pitch Mr Shaf! 8)
shafster

Post by shafster »

Dave Couzens wrote:Nice sales pitch Mr Shaf! 8)

cheers dude.

i actually supplied the spoiler in the above pic to jim last year :D
Corsa Killa

Post by Corsa Killa »

Shaf, how much you doing the spoilers for then mate?
I saw Jims car on sunday and it was looking sweet! :D
Black/red combo really suits it. Pics are up in the "Events" section under "todays Scottish meet".
shafster

Post by shafster »

will send you a pm :)
Rory

Post by Rory »

Deejay,

I fitted a genuine Rev 5 spoiler to my Rev 2 tubby myself. It was realy simple to do. I got my local spray shot to do the filling and spraying which cost about £175 if I remember correctly. Its the best spoiler in my opinion. Not too over the top. Its all about personal taste at the end of the day. Theres a pic on my profile.

Rory
deejay

Spoilers!

Post by deejay »

Thanks for the info people. Tis making my life a little easier now I know where to pick stuff up.

Cheers
Benny (deejay)

Return to “Modifications”