[Mk2] [Turbo] Headlight bulb query

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jaffacake

[Mk2] [Turbo] Headlight bulb query

Post by Jaffacake »

Just wondering what's the brightest headlight bulbs I can get for my rev1. Iv already put a set from halfords in which claim to be 30% brighter than normal but in the dark the headlights are still less than useless. Cheers in advance for suggestions :thumleft:
Donato

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Headlight bulb query

Post by Donato »

I take it they're aligned properly? And not pointing at the floor?
I've got OSRAM Night Breaker Plus which are A LOT brighter than standard. I think any thing brighter than them and you'd be looking at possibly HID's which aren't legal in standard headlights.
Jaffacake

Post by Jaffacake »

Donato wrote:I take it they're aligned properly? And not pointing at the floor?
I've got OSRAM Night Breaker Plus which are A LOT brighter than standard. I think any thing brighter than them and you'd be looking at possibly HID's which aren't legal in standard headlights.

Yes there aligned as they should be, just really dull don't seem to illuminate the road at all. Il get a set of the night breakers give them a try cheers. Silly question but h4 size yeah.
Donato

Post by Donato »

I'm pretty sure they are, but not 100%. It was a while ago when I did it. They're quite cheap on eBay. That's where I got mine from for around £14 delivered :thumleft:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Jaffacake wrote:Just wondering what's the brightest headlight bulbs I can get for my rev1. Iv already put a set from halfords in which claim to be 30% brighter than normal but in the dark the headlights are still less than useless. Cheers in advance for suggestions :thumleft:

Get a new set of headlights. Likelyhood is your mirrors have degraded.

Return to “Electrical”