[Mk2] [NA] Moves forward with clutch fully depressed.

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LukeSi

[Mk2] [NA] Moves forward with clutch fully depressed.

Post by LukeSi »

I've discovered an interesting issue with my car.
With the clutch all the way to the floor in 1st the car moves forward on the flat if I hit the rev limiter (yes I know I shouldn't be bouncing it off the limiter etc), it definitely isn't due to the slope because as soon as I let off it stops again.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Moves forward with clutch fully depressed.

Post by Ryan S »

have you checked fluid level in the master cylinder etc?
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

That sounds like a good idea. Gearbox related issues aren't the end of the world currently as it should be getting a replacement gearbox fairly soon (synchros are shot). I'll check it tomorrow. Need to check my coolant level aswell tbh.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

LukeSi wrote:That sounds like a good idea. Gearbox related issues aren't the end of the world currently as it should be getting a replacement gearbox fairly soon (synchros are shot). I'll check it tomorrow. Need to check my coolant level aswell tbh.

could be something simple like slave cylinder mate, deffo sounds like it :thumleft:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

My old 2 did this and was p1$$ing out fluid from the slave cylinder which is on the passenger side by the gearbox at the back. :thumleft:
No 2 :(
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

Could be as simple as the pedal needs adjusting. Get under clutch pedal with a 12mm or 14mm spanner and adjust the pushrods length. You can check for engagement as per toyota manual. (Put shifter towards reverse with out using clutch, should start to grind. Dip clutch and if noise goes away your good if not adjust some more)
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

Definitely not pedal adjustment. Sometimes the clutch pedal goes quite hard and a bit spongy. Guessing either slave or master cylinder?

Return to “Mechanical”