The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by slipping clutch »

show it some love Phil :thumleft: - I know that when the cars back at home with you and start your detailing youll start to bond with it - and lets face it when next summer rolls around who's going to be having the most fun on hot sunny days ?????????
Ben

Post by Ben »

Yeah, spend a bit of time driving it and you'll be right at home. Maybe a little trip to Bedford might help...?

Just try not to drop anything into the engine in future, eh? :wink: :whistle:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

The same thing happened with Mule 2 over the winter. Once I broke her out for a wash and drive things fell back into place :)

Nick has some news for us on the Westy front... :-#
Nickp

Post by Nickp »

Magic Beans wrote:The same thing happened with Mule 2 over the winter. Once I broke her out for a wash and drive things fell back into place :)

It's alive!! \:D/ She runs and sounds sweet :D Still a way to go, running in, rolling road etc before it can be given a clean bill of health but it's looking good so far :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Ben

Post by Ben »

Good work Mr P! :D
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

:clap: \:D/ :thumleft:

That's great news!!

Can't wait to see the results and can only imagine your grin from ear to ear!

Just be gentle in the damp!

Cracking result matey well done nick!
slipping clutch

Nickp wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:The same thing happened with Mule 2 over the winter. Once I broke her out for a wash and drive things fell back into place :)

It's alive!! \:D/ She runs and sounds sweet :D Still a way to go, running in, rolling road etc before it can be given a clean bill of health but it's looking good so far :thumleft:

Hope thats put the Magic back in your beans Phil :thumleft:
Nickp

Post by Nickp »

slipping clutch wrote:
Nickp wrote:

Hope thats put the Magic back in your beans Phil :thumleft:

This will...

All ready for collection, let the running in commence \:D/

Have I earned that beer yet?? :whistle:
slipping clutch

Great work Nick :thumleft: But if you want that beer from Phil you will have to line up those air filters - his attention to detail is second to none :)
I will be interested to see the dyno result when its run in. What do you think this re-incarnation and your hard work will show on the rollers now you have had it running?
Nickp

Post by Nickp »

slipping clutch wrote:Great work Nick :thumleft: But if you want that beer from Phil you will have to line up those air filters - his attention to detail is second to none :)
I will be interested to see the dyno result when its run in. What do you think this re-incarnation and your hard work will show on the rollers now you have had it running?

Hopefully it should make 170-180bhp, but hard to say so we'll have to wait and see :wink:
synXero

Post by synXero »

I really want a go in one of these. Are they as exhilarating in a straight line as they are round roundabouts?
Nickp

Post by Nickp »

synXero wrote:I really want a go in one of these. Are they as exhilarating in a straight line as they are round roundabouts?

They certainly can be. Anything approaching 200bhp in a sub 500kg car is seriously quick!! :shock: It's all about acceleration though, not top speed. 90-100mph with no windscreen can be an 'eye-opener'!! :shock:
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Nickp wrote:

This will...

Are you trying a new ride height you could fit some bigger wheels then Phil can use it in the snow :eye::lol::lol:

Seriously tho top work :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Nickp wrote:
synXero wrote:I really want a go in one of these. Are they as exhilarating in a straight line as they are round roundabouts?

They certainly can be. Anything approaching 200bhp in a sub 500kg car is seriously quick!! :shock: It's all about acceleration though, not top speed. 90-100mph with no windscreen can be an 'eye-opener'!! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can imagine! F/t without goggles :lol:

I thought these were closer to 750kg though at an estimate, to be honest. Sounds pedantic but that's +50% weight. Could be way off + expect you guys know much better.
Nickp

Post by Nickp »

synXero wrote:
Nickp wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can imagine! F/t without goggles :lol:

I thought these were closer to 750kg though at an estimate, to be honest. Sounds pedantic but that's +50% weight. Could be way off + expect you guys know much better.

Bike engined ones can easily be sub 500kgs. Phils will be more due to its engine/box but it has no 'frills' whatsoever so I'd guess it'll be 500-600kg and probably the lower end of that scale tbh. It's a very very lardy '7' that weighs in at 750kg :wink:
Nickp

Post by Nickp »

I've just moved the Westy out of the garage so it's ready for Phil to collect, had to unbolt the seat and slide it back to even get my feet on the pedals!! But I've got to say the engine feels super responsive and sounds really fit!! \:D/ If it hadn't been raining then I think I would've had it out for a quick drive :wink:
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Great news :thumleft:
slipping clutch

Nickp wrote:
slipping clutch wrote:Great work Nick :thumleft: But if you want that beer from Phil you will have to line up those air filters - his attention to detail is second to none :)

Hopefully it should make 170-180bhp, but hard to say so we'll have to wait and see :wink:

Thats a lot of power for a car that weighs not a lot !!!!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Been away all weekend, having our asses handed to us by 80+mph winds on Snowdon. All good fun though :eye:

A certain little red car is now taxed and might just be making shouty noises around the Wombwell area right about now, with a full-figured Yorkshireman at the wheel :wink:

Return to “Member Profiles”