prosport gauges - any good?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jasongtr

prosport gauges - any good?

Post by jasongtr »

just bought another mr2 turbo, pretty sure the charge cooler wont be man enough for the job its a st205 setup, the car is running a claimed 1.8bar (450hp) - mods in my garage.

pretty sure ive read that the st205 charge cooler setup isn't going to be happy at that boost/power - more than happy to be told otherwise,

stupidly I sold a couple of months ago my unused spa designs intercooler in/out temp gauge, and id rather not spend another £400 on another one, so I have found a prosport one for £100, I know you get what you pay for but if its ok at £100 I can 'invest' the other £300 somewhere else in the car
craig

Re: prosport gauges - any good?

Post by craig »

All depends on the refresh rate of the prosport one. With the SPA gauge, from memory it refreshes 4 times/second. SPA in/out gauge is boss. :mrgreen:

And, I *think* the cost comes down to the thermocouple used.

Oh, and when you putting a member profile thread up of your new beast? :twisted:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

good point on the refresh rate, I cannot believe I bought a brand new spa one 2 years ago, never used it stuck it on ebay never sold for 6 months then sells shortly before I could actually have a decent use for it.

Maybe ill put the £400 for the spa gauge towards a better IC setup as im concerned its not up to the job

members thread-......... maybe
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

ive got a greddy boost gauge - electronic, but no sender, yours for £15 delivered if any use
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

I dont need a boost gauge, I have an Omori one

cheers
blogsy

Post by blogsy »

I was thinking about getting this what do you think http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=139
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Dibs on the trd engine mounts! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

HAHA, is then in a few weeks when I break it? :clap:
craig

Post by craig »

jasongtr wrote:HAHA, is then in a few weeks when I break it? :clap:

I feel people know you too well. :lol:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

yup.

to be honest I half bought it to break, and im still not 100% on keeping it for a bit, the fact it has 6 months road rent and 12 months mot makes me think ill drive it for a bit.

the lexus lights need to go but I have got a set of rev3 ones on the way, and the tyres whilst brand new are not staying on, the previous owner needed new ones and I don't blame him for putting ditch finders on just to sell it. Just depends on whether I feel like spending £500-700 on new tyres

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”