Central Locking problems

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

l1ca

Central Locking problems

Post by l1ca »

Whilst its not that much of an issue, ive noticed that when i turn the key on the drivers side door, the passenger side door doesnt open / lock, maybe its supposed to be like that, but my previous GT-Fours had this feature.

What. do?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Central Locking problems

Post by Peter Gidden »

Does the passenger door lock/unlock if you use the lock switch on the inside of the driver's door?
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Yea it does mate
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Try locking from the passenger's side.

Since you say it works when you lock from the inside it can't be the door locking mech.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

micro switch in the drivers door, either on the back of the drivers door lock or on the door catch
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

what do you mean by micro switch? Never had the door card off so id be unsure what to look for?

Replacement? plug it back in?

If dumb questions by all means flame away :twisted: ive just no idea what your talking about! 8-[
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

some cars have a switch on the back of the lock barrel others have the micro switch in the door catch itself, either way there will be 2x electrical plugs near the bottom right of the door when you take the doorcard off, doubt it will of become unplugged, theres a chance if its the type on the back of the lock barrel a clip has broken and its come off i guess
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

I'm going to hijack this slightly to avoid posting a new topic.

My central locking works fine, but the switch on the drivers door (the lock/unlock switch) unlocks the car fine but doesn't lock it. On that note my window lock switch only works if I hold it down.
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

I'm going to hijack this slightly to avoid posting a new topic.

My central locking works fine, but the switch on the drivers door (the lock/unlock switch) unlocks the car fine but doesn't lock it. On that note my window lock switch only works if I hold it down.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”