[Mk2] [NA] Cams

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

shermanmr2

[Mk2] [NA] Cams

Post by shermanmr2 »

I have found a set of hks cams but for a turbo engine would these fit
My rev3 na
HurleyRacing

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Cams

Post by HurleyRacing »

Depends on what lift and duration they are?
-Race Car Preperation -Engine Rebuilds
www.hurleyraceengineering.co.uk
[email protected]
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

Yes they will fit but you will need to find out their profile to asses if they are suitable or not. Rev 3 N/A cams are pretty good cams already.

I have N/A cams in my Turbo, other than the profile the metal itself is all the same.
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

shermanmr2 wrote:I have found a set of hks cams but for a turbo engine would these fit
My rev3 na

They may fit but are never going to do any good for a NA
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
shermanmr2

Post by shermanmr2 »

Both have 9mm lift inlet is 264 and exhuast is 272
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

shermanmr2 wrote:I have found a set of hks cams but for a turbo engine would these fit
My rev3 na

sounds like a set backwards to me
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

Have a look here, not HKS cams but a good indicator. As you can see all cams are available for both engines, I have the TOYSGBPS270 cams for an N/A, in this spec they are quoted as giving 10bhp but the TOYGBPS270T turbo cam is totally identicle.

http://www.pipercams.co.uk/pipercams/ww ... rch=celica

Find out what your durations are, the numbers you provided are just model numbers really, my '270 cams' have little more than 260 duration but are called 270 to fit the model line up nicely.

There was a good post on here a while back detailing most of the standard cam durations. I think stock N/A rev3 cams are more aggressive than my after market ones!

EDIT:- in an N/A engine it is very rare to have an exhaust duration longer than the inlet.
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

I have the Piper NA cams in my turbo too. I have the TOYSGBP285, rather than the TOYSGBP285T. I spoke to Piper and they said just to dial both the cams in at 110deg (as per the recommendation for the Turbo cams). They're essentially the same.
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

I have the Piper NA cams in my turbo too. I have the TOYSGBP285, rather than the TOYSGBP285T. I spoke to Piper and they said just to dial both the cams in at 110deg (as per the recommendation for the Turbo cams). They're essentially the same.
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...

Return to “Modifications”