[Mk2] [NA] universal bucket seat issue

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

kevin millar 1977

[Mk2] [NA] universal bucket seat issue

Post by kevin millar 1977 »

right peeps just bought a set of universal bucket seats for my mk2 mr2 and need info on seat rail sliders to fit them or if any1 has got on for sale to fit to my motor in order to get the seats in ?????
dan mkii

Re: [Mk2] [NA] universal bucket seat issue

Post by dan mkii »

Ive got a base mount bride frame for the drivers side if your intrested pm me..
Donato

Post by Donato »

When i fitted buckets seats, i removed the runners from the old seats and welded them to the buckets. It is a little fiddly however.
kevin millar 1977

bucket seats to get fitted

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/BLACK-BLUE-RECLI ... wWDMwMA==/$(KGrHqRHJFcE-mNhuB9WBPrRq3J3vQ~~60_35.JPG

this is the picture of the seats I have bought to get fitted to my motor so I need subframes and slide rails to keep the seats reclining and sliding like they do at the moment any1 got any or no where to get them ???? cheers kevin
synXero

Post by synXero »

Ha, I got a set of these recently in a different colour scheme. Welded standard rails.
kevin millar 1977

how to fit these bucket seats

just bought the seats and want to fit them to my motor any ideas on how to or where to get the proper subframes and rails to keep them tilting and sliding as the old seats do now ???? cheers kevin

http://s1315.photobucket.com/user/kevin ... 9.jpg.html
kevin millar 1977

where to find proper sliders and subframe for seats above in link

Where will I get the proper sliders and subframe to match the seats in the above link. And how much will they cost to get them fitted ???? Any1 any idea
bobhatton

Re: where to find proper sliders and subframe for seats above in link

Post by bobhatton »

kevin millar 1977 wrote:Where will I get the proper sliders and subframe to match the seats in the above link. And how much will they cost to get them fitted ???? Any1 any idea

You cannot just go and buy them, they will have to be made
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

My Raceland universal bucket seats are mounted onto the stock MR2 runners. This is quite handy as the stock runners have the seat belt buckle on.

Return to “Modifications”