Scottish MK1 meet late summer?

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

munter

Scottish MK1 meet late summer?

Post by munter »

So a few folks in the MK1 forum have mentioned that a Scottish gathering just for MK1's would be fun. I'm up for it so wondering if anyone else is?

I'm thinking a sat/sunday afternoon in Sept. Somewhere like Perth which is fairly central and has options for a drive/food if folk want.

I know we've got Chris and Jimi in Fife, me in Dundee, Kyle in Auchterarder and Donna once she gets her new wheels. Anyone else?

If you're interested post down below and we'll get something sorted before the winter comes!

cheers
Paul
MR2Kyle

Re: Scottish MK1 meet late summer?

Post by MR2Kyle »

:thumleft: Sounds great but i might need to miss out on the first meet as i am doing the both the rear arches and corners and ends of the side skirts so even if i got all that done in a month its getting a full respray after :-k So i should be ready for your next meet. Might pop down in the run about though just to see your cars. Still to this day i have never seen another mk1 on the road. Apart from my own that is. :mrgreen:
alfiembra

Post by alfiembra »

If I still have mine, which is most likely, then I'll pop along. Looking to sell mine as no longer have the space and time for it since I got back into motorbikes. Any idea of dates yet?

Alan
munter

Post by munter »

Alan you might want to give Donna a shout - she said she was looking for a MK1 a few weeks back.

CHeers
jimi

Post by jimi »

If it's September, watch out for clashing with JAE, also the MR2OC monthly meet is usually 1st Sunday of every month.
Other than that any time I'm home is good for me :thumleft: but I'm on a 3 weeks on 3 weeks off rotation.
There's also bmwbill from Aberdeen and a few others whose names escape me at the mo
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Yeah I'm up for it, But I am at JAE so if its that weekend I can't come.

Chris.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

MR2Kyle wrote: I have never seen another mk1 on the road. Apart from my own that is. :mrgreen:

You should pop over to mine I have four mk1's :lol:

Its an illness :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok only one is road worthy but hey ho.

Chris
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
BMR2L

Post by BMR2L »

I'd be up for a run. Sep 21/22nd weekend is the Glasgow Open building thing but any other weekend is good for me.

Alan
emrrtwo

Post by emrrtwo »

I'm usually free most weekends so once a date is decided should be able to make it. A suggestion depending when it is and how everyone else feels - I think the F1 film 'Rush' is out in September (think from 13th) so could perhaps combine a meet with that. Or happy just to have a meet and a wee run somewhere

Cheers

Kieran
Quaigy

Post by Quaigy »

I'd be happy to come along now that the welding has been done (common theme :lol: )

Just give me a couple of weeks notice so I can make time.

Return to “Past Events”