[Mk2] [Turbo] OER Piggback

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Super_red

[Mk2] [Turbo] OER Piggback

Post by Super_red »

Anyon ever heard of it? Nothing on google.

This was fitted to the MR2 rev2 I just bought. Given that its pretty much unmodified I have remoevd it but I wondered if anyone knows what it might be for. It does not look to have any sort of connection for mapping and the fact there are 2 units that look the same makes me wonder if its just some sort of off the shelf fixed function device (maybe 1 can do 2 injectors). The wiring loom extension is pretty handy to have but the rest is useless to me. I am sure the car runs better with it off aswell.

EDIT:- just pulled the lids off, they are 2 different devices, one has 2 potentiometers and the other is a compleatly different board with only 1 pot. There is no more info on the bords silk screaning though just 'SLC-10'. All the IC's, Chips, ROMS and what not have had the identification scratched off so whoever made it did not want it copied.
Super_red

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] OER Piggback

Post by Super_red »

I Found the following on another forum after a Google image search. I found one picture with a box in the background with the same logo.

The Ultimate Solution
A lot of my research into the 20v horns started here at OER Corporation. OER is one of those small Japanese tuning firms that most have never heard of, but have a big prescence on their scene that hasn't been exported along with other things JDM. OER specializes in ITBs and Carburetors for a variety of vehicles. One of their major products is the OER Direct Air System. This kit allows the full utilization of the 20v 4-throttle system.

The OER DAS comes with:
Your specification of horn length (street or full race)
A fuel pressure regulator
A harness which allows the attachment of:-
  Direct Air Controller unit
  VVT controller

The AE101 unit doesn't have the VVT unit

and as you can see on the base of the left unit there is the air temp sensor fitting

The unit is the ultimate in 4AGE20v tuning. It reportedly ads 15whp on a stock JDM 'blacktop', but the only thing tougher than the $980 price is getting one.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 03:57:20 PM by 4E-FTE »

So this is either the ultimate in JDM exotica or totaly useless. Well its the latter to me already.
Super_red

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] OER Piggback

Post by Super_red »

And then a googl of OER Direct Air System brings up their website. Dont bother clicking the English version as they only sell the Carb to markets outside of Japan.

http://www.oer.co.jp/index.html

They dont seam to do any sort of fueling or timing mods but instead VTEC actuation controllers and boost modules. I would imagine then what I have is something to change the TVIS and then the other thing is probably just a fuel cut eliminator. I will check the wiring and see what pins on the ECU they go to.

Interesting stuff, this was on the car before it left Japan, I am guessing then the EBC was aswell.

Return to “Modifications”