[Mk2] [Turbo] Q's regarding Oem bov

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jaffacake

[Mk2] [Turbo] Q's regarding Oem bov

Post by Jaffacake »

Basically I have the standard bov on the car at the moment but want to attach a bailey bov (to atmosphere) to the pipe that currently recircs air back to the induction pipe as it fits on there perfectly iv test fitted this already and has no clearance issues or anything the main question is if I disconnect the vacuum hose to the standard bov and attach it to the bailey will this work or do I need to somehow keep the Oem bov stuck open if so how do I do this?

It's a rev1 turbo and iv read all the posts about it messing with the maf and fuelling but just popped out for a little run and ran perfect no change what so ever however didn't hear the bov hence the question regarding Oem bov.
Cheers guys as always appreciate the help. :thumleft:
Super_red

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Q's regarding Oem bov

Post by Super_red »

If you disconnect the vacuum the BOV will stay shut so you have no air passed through to the next BOV. You would have to use an addapter or try to remove the intenals of the stock BOV.

Its up to you if you want to vent to atmosphere, its not a good idea on a REV1 or 2.
Jaffacake

Post by Jaffacake »

Super_red wrote:If you disconnect the vacuum the BOV will stay shut so you have no air passed through to the next BOV. You would have to use an addapter or try to remove the intenals of the stock BOV.

Its up to you if you want to vent to atmosphere, its not a good idea on a REV1 or 2.

What if I used a t piece so the vacuum hose went to both bovs do u think that would work if not do u know how to gut the original one or at least keep it open? I no it's supposed to cause fuelling issues ect but have heard both sides of the story some say it doesn't work some say they've ran it for years with no issues think its down to the individual car. If it doesn't work can always go back to standard.
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

Yes a vacuum T peice would probably work as then they would both open. You could of course ditch the second BOV in this example and just vent the stock one to atmosphere.

Return to “Modifications”