please show me your small letterbox shape front number plates!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: please show me your small letterbox shape front number plates!

Post by ashley »

Vampire wrote: Import cars have different rules and can run a smaller number plate if supplied with the BS code printed on them and follow the rules for Import number plates. :thumleft:

Have you got a reference for this? I'd love to prove it true so I can stick my import plate back on :thumleft:
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

I ordered mine from craigs plates (import size) and they came with a recipt saying they were legal. :thumleft: which I keep in the glove box incase of any uneducated PC pools me over.

Im pretty sure uk number plaes, unless they have less charcters (personal reg) have to be the UK given size
ashley

Post by ashley »

Vampire wrote:I ordered mine from craigs plates (import size) and they came with a recipt saying they were legal.

Right...I was kinda hoping to a link to the DVLA to prove it, something a bit more official.

And you say the cops are happy with a receipt? Not sure I want to risk a penalty on that basis :-k
Nic

Post by Nic »

Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Vampire wrote:I ordered mine from craigs plates (import size) and they came with a recipt saying they were legal. :thumleft: which I keep in the glove box incase of any uneducated PC pools me over.

Im pretty sure uk number plaes, unless they have less charcters (personal reg) have to be the UK given size

Are u sure it isnt just character size and gap size that matters to uk plate legal requirements?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”