[Mk2] [Turbo] ecu upgrade

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

steve07

[Mk2] [Turbo] ecu upgrade

Post by steve07 »

Hi everyone,

After some much needed opinions/advice

I have a mk2 rev 1 turbo, which has just had a rev 3 head rebuild on it aswell as the ct20b turbo, ive also done some other mods but i am
going to replace the standard ecu managment for the rev 3 whilst changing to the rev 3 injectors at the same time, but im hearing that if i want any more than 300hp i should get an aftermarket ecu and re-map?
What if i was to get the rev 3 ecu management then re-map??

Please any help would be great.

Thanks
Steve07
tubby_tony

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] ecu upgrade

Post by tubby_tony »

Rev3 ECU is not mappable, if that is what you are thinking.

I have seen some Rev3 cars on here running std ECU with supporting mods and running 300+ FWBHP.
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

you could go standard ecu with a piggy back set up BUT most piggy backs are basic systems and as such will only alter your fuel etc. It really depends on your goals really - if your happy to sit at 300 bhp ish then as stated there are a few people running standard ecus at that. then there is the piggy back option I have mentioned but in truth a standalone fully re-mapable set up is what a lot of people would look at in your case.There are quite a few options out there all at differing prices - I would start watching in the classifieds and see what turns up.
Tedtiler

Post by Tedtiler »

You could try an emanage ultimate, piggyback that can accept different injectors and alter timing. Easy to tune.

American mr2 guys seem to like hydra, I had one on my starlet and although software was crude it worked well on the Toyota map sensor/distributor setup.

Also tried a mega squirt and it was a disaster!

The standard rev3 ecu certainly seems well up to producing 300hp. Depends on how much more you're after. Lots of other things need upgraded after this too.

Other option is a blitz ecu but that's more of a lottery.

Return to “Modifications”