mr2karl

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: mr2karl

Post by Charged »

PS, this is theft so perhaps the police can be contacted by the aggrieved parties.
cdwood2010

Post by cdwood2010 »

charged wrote:PS, this is theft so perhaps the police can be contacted by the aggrieved parties.

That seems quite harsh, but i'm almost sad to say youre right. Taking money and not providing goods is technically theft.

I have given him more nudges (over on TB) about the growing number of angry buyers than i care to think about, and to be quite honest i really do have better ways to spend my time.

Perhaps it's time someone pointed out the gravity of the current situation to Karl.

Chris.
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

I might give them a bell tomorrow as they are only across the road I e got his bank details just needed his address then I'd file a small claims form
cdwood2010

Post by cdwood2010 »

I'm all for sorting things out like grown ups, but that really comes down to Karl. I don't think he has done himself any favours the way he has handled this at all.

Chris.
AManInDandism

Post by AManInDandism »

Small claims would be my last route. The reason I'm pushing for a refund is because I have my eye on another alternator and I can't use the car without an alternator. If Karl's alternator arrives, I'll send it back or pay him for it because it can easily be sold on.

Nobody likes their car to be off the road though.

My main gripe is the lack of communication.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

It's always sad to read threads like this on imoc, although fortunately they don't crop up too often as we are generally a trustworthy bunch on here.

Have people still had no contact from Karl?

From an external perspective it seems like he has posted an advert for parts for sale, taken the money and then the items haven't been posted or didn't even exist in the first place.

This may not be the case (and I hope it isn't) but that's certainly how it appears to me. If one item got lost in the post it's believable but as its seemingly numerous packages it doesn't look good especially given a lack of contact.

Someone above mentioned theft. I wanted to make people aware (and most importantly Karl if he reads this) that if the above scenario is correct what he has done isn't an offence of theft. It's actually a far more serious offence of fraud by false representation under section 2 of the 2006 Fraud Act.

Here's a link if anyone wants to read:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/35/section/2

I hope this all gets resolved quickly and easily by Karl with some speedy refunds. If the situation does escalate and anyone wants to contact me for any advice or pointers regarding how to progress the situation then drop me a pm and I will be more than happy to help where I can. I deal with these sort of situations daily due to my line of work and I am always happy to give up my time for imoc and its members, so it's no hassle.

This situation can be investigated by the Police as there is suspicion of an offence, and therefore doesn't have to go through small claims court, thus not costing you a penny. I truly hope it doesn't get that far though. If it does you all know how to contact me for advice :thumleft:

I'm hopeful (as I never like to think the worst) there is nothing malicious or underhand going on. Maybe Karl will be along shortly to share his views and show that this hope isn't misplaced....

I will keep an eye on this thread for progress :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
uglee

Post by uglee »

Don't waste your time with small claims.

Most pointless way to spend money on top of the money already lost in my experience.

If he's not bothered about having his name dragged up in public for everyone to see, he isn't going to be bothered about having a CCJ against him.
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

Right to clarify

The chap that bought the door cards you have just been refunded.

Refund has now been issued on the alternator.

As regards the inspection panels. I received confirmation of a delivery about 2 weeks ago, thought nothing of it after not hearing from you so disnissed but and that was that.

I am aware I have taken the royal but I'm sorry to all those affected. If I sell anything again it will be on a purely collection only basis as I don't want to be in this situation again.

I hope all understand, I am not in the habit of ripping people off it is not in my nature.
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

And to further add all items have existed and have come from personal purchases or cars I have broken
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

Just for proof
danthevanman

Post by danthevanman »

I've recieved a full refund this morning.

Thanks for sorting this out
Dan
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

Sorry it's taken so long.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Great, thank you.

Can anyone who was waiting please confirm in this thread they have received item or refund.

Thanks all
AManInDandism

Post by AManInDandism »

Got Karl's message and refund this morning. I didn't want to be the one to reach for the burning torch and pitchfork, but I did want to warn anyone of a potential rip-off.

Thanks Karl. Like I've said in PM, if the alternator does arrive I will let you know.
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

Cheers for your understanding you 2 greatly appreciated. To the rest of the imoc world I'm not a con man, just entered a divorce and had my v6 donor car stolen recently so jus had too much in my plate, I shouldn't have committed to the sales
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

Thought there might be some contact but still nothing
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

chaos19810 wrote:Thought there might be some contact but still nothing

Received an email saying the consignment sent to you had been delivered, quite a few weeks ago now. As I had heard nothing from you I assumed the part had arrived and along with a million other emails from selling baby clothes on eBay it went in the trash and was deleted. So what is the story please as use to whatever errors I'm now £150 down and minus several expensive parts ....... I don't really want to be handing any more money over
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

Ryan6926 wrote:Doesn't seem a really nice guy according to some of his replies.

I bought a set of wheels from him with half decent tread although one had a puncture which I wasn't made aware of.

Hopefully this gets sorted soon although I've not seen any reasons for the delays :(

Fingers crossed :)

And just because you decided to join the band wagon we had this conversation over a year ago when it happened, I was not aware of a puncture otherwise I would have told you.....

I will always defend myself where appropriate, otherwise I will admit I am wrong and accept.

Thank you to pete for his comments, and do not appreciate being made to look like a tyrant.

To anyone that cares, during all of this I had a car stolen, was booted from my marital home and offered divorce. So no I really haven't had a good time, thus explaining my communication errors but as I said to those affected, it's not their fault it's mine
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Well I'm trying to avoid a slanging match with you but I'm perfectly entitled to say what I think or have experienced. I didn't say you knew about it, However getting them fitted to find one's holding 7psi then a few days later the same again would imply something's not right don't you think?
Also unless I have amnesia I'm pretty sure we didn't have a conversation regarding the puncture as I did the simple thing and asked my brother to look at it and fix it as he's a tyre fitter by trade.

Regarding my comment about not being a particularly nice guy, that was simply based on the somewhat sarcastic reply over on TB about obviously not frequenting the forum as much as they do.
Now I don't know about others but if my name was being dragged through the mud elsewhere I'd be trying my best to chase up what's going on and not merely burying my head in the sand.
I'm sorry to hear of your problems at home and the car being stolen etc but I don't think it's too much to ask to take 5 minutes out of your day to answer people's questions that have bought something but it's not arrived yet.

Nothing at all to do with a bandwagon as you put it. And as I'd also said in order to have potentially saved any further problems if for whatever reason you still had the parts I was more than happy to come up and collect then post on your behalf if it helped to appease the problem

Ryan
mr2karl

Post by mr2karl »

Which I was more than greatful for!!!

I wrote that as sometimes it seems across the forums members with accounts on several are expected to be on them all the time. Tbh I don't come here much cause to not on tapatalk. That's the only reason.

I wasn't being arsey was merely stating I don't come here as often as some.

Those that know me and have met me know what I'm
About and I intend on keeping it that way.

So if offence was caused then accept my apology

Return to “Trader Feedback”