My Mk2 No.2.....

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nik_L

My Mk2 No.2.....

Post by Nik_L »

So, was on here with my 1st Mk2 around end of 2011 start of 2012....

Here's some pics, some may remember it.....

Bought like this....

Ended up like this after i broke a JDM G-Limited for spares and kept most for mine....

Always said i would have another, and this popped up after i sold my Alfa Romeo GTV...

Its a Rev 3 in 6M1 Goodwood Green. Has a couple of non standard parts like the BBS RG's from a Nissan (not sure what), K plus N cone filter and a Janspeed exhaust with de-cat. Also has a some gay blue interior lights and funky blue pedals which will be getting flung in the bin.

Wasn't without its problems but ive sorted most things including the squeeling fan belt (alt bottom bolt was hanging out and threaded), changed front wing as it had been vandalised, just got to attach the trims and cut a hole for the indicator. Also had a severe clunking, knocking, dangerous sounding noise from the front left. Seller gave me 2 new drop links but turned out to be the whole strut was pretty much scrap. Still got to bridge the oil level switch as its coming on now and again but has plenty oil. Quick search shows its a common fault.

Its not mint but its a good base. Has good history, 100k, low owners etc.

Plans are keep the wheels, fit some spacers to the rear ( ET45, 6.5j isn't a good look and probably a bit dodgy) and do the centre's gold and keep the polished lip. Get some orange front corner lights and maybe change the exhaust as its quite raspy and no sure if i like it.
danjama

Re: My Mk2 No.2.....

Post by danjama »

Love those wheels and your plans sound good. I think it's a very good base to work with.

How was it changing the wing? Would you mind a quick note on the procedure? As mine needs replacing too.
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

Thanks.

It was straight forward enough, but a ball ache.

The worst is the 2 that are right inside the front of the wing where it attaches to the bumper. 1 came off ok, the other didn't. In the end i had to cut the old wing off to get to that bolt then just cut it off.

Then you have some on the upper edge under the frunk, 1 inside the door shut, then 1 in the same area but you get to it from behind the arch liner. Then you have 1 underneath at the sill. Then stick your head under the bumper and look up to the inside and you will see another 2, then look up and to the right and you'll see another 1. Then you have the trim part to remove which is a bit of a nightmare as the bolts are normally rusted. Mines snapped to i had to do a quick bit of fab work lol.

Best thing i would say is remove most of the arch liner as i reckon it would be hella easier to see all the bolts and get into them.
danjama

Post by danjama »

Nik_L wrote:Thanks.

It was straight forward enough, but a ball ache.

The worst is the 2 that are right inside the front of the wing where it attaches to the bumper. 1 came off ok, the other didn't. In the end i had to cut the old wing off to get to that bolt then just cut it off.

Then you have some on the upper edge under the frunk, 1 inside the door shut, then 1 in the same area but you get to it from behind the arch liner. Then you have 1 underneath at the sill. Then stick your head under the bumper and look up to the inside and you will see another 2, then look up and to the right and you'll see another 1. Then you have the trim part to remove which is a bit of a nightmare as the bolts are normally rusted. Mines snapped to i had to do a quick bit of fab work lol.

Best thing i would say is remove most of the arch liner as i reckon it would be hella easier to see all the bolts and get into them.

Jesus that does sound like a b1tch of a job :/ btw are these all screws or?

At least i wont have to deal with the rub, mine fell off when i bumped the wing!
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

No they are bolts, 10mm or 12mm iirc.

Its time consuming the 1st time, but i bet once you've done it, you be like i could probably do that again in 20mins.
danjama

Post by danjama »

Exactly how i felt about the alternator :lol:
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

Some sunny day pics after a quick hit with the AG SRP....

Return to “Member Profiles”