Back In Black

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

notroubleclubber

Back In Black

Post by notroubleclubber »

Im an old member returning!

A quick recap - I owned a mr2 mk2 rev1 NA I believe which was a great car. In blue, I decided to add veilside kit (and bomex front bumper as hate the long nose of the veilside) but got bored and swapped it for a Rover Coupe Turbo.
After having owned the rover for quite a while I chopped and changed over a few years and ended up with a Rev2 Red MR2 Mk2 GT Turbo. In my ownership it had a new exhaust, new clutch fitted by Pacific Works and that's about it. However, the gearbox got on my nerves and it didn't seem as "fun" as my NA MR2 I once had so I sold it.
I then got back into the rover scene and still have a "project" coupe turbo sat in the garage which is currently now being broken to fund my new purchase...A MK2 MR2 Rev2 GT Turbo..Again!!!!!
Seems in good nick. nice and tight clutch, gearbox very short (possible short kit on it) and is basically standard with a boost gauge and manual boost controller running about 0.8bar.
Standard wheels sprayed black with new rubber all around - and all for a great price.
Now I know it wont be used much as I have 3 kids but its my new toy.

Plans are to get it mopped and polished, get a double din stereo/tv fitted and give it a good service. Also tidy up the interior as its a bit worn and get the manual for the alarm system so I can alarm it with the roof off!! Ive only owned it for 4 hrs but I cant stop looking at it!

Heres some pics:

craig

Re: Back In Black

Post by craig »

Welcome back dude, nice motor. :D
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

I will keep an eye out for this. Looks tidy in the pics :thumleft:
yose_gt

Post by yose_gt »