1994 Rev 3 Turbo LPG + Petrol (Rev 5 Looks)

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jamuk2004

1994 Rev 3 Turbo LPG + Petrol (Rev 5 Looks)

Post by jamuk2004 »

Hi all,

The time has come to sell my one of a kind Toyota MR2 Rev 3 GTS.

I've spend a small fortune converting the car to LPG and getting the car to look like a Rev 5 version. It still runs on petrol and operates exactly the same, then you press a button and it runs on gas.

It runs great on LPG which approximately works out as cost effective as a 38-40 MPG petrol equivalent.

Features

- Rev 5 Spoiler (replica)
- Rev 5 Wheels (genuine - like new)
- Rev 5 Clear front indicator lights
- Bilstein shocks
- Avital aftermarket alarm
- LPG Conversion
- Climate Control
- Leather seats.
- Stock Rev 3 Exhaust (rare)

The bodywork I'd say is very good for age as I believe it has been repainted at some point. The side skirts are the only real area I'd say could do with a slight refurbish as the cracks have been filled but not especially well. There is also a slight blemish on the o/s wing about the size a 10 pence piece.

Mechanically the car drives well but there are a few little bits that could do with a bit of tlc to get perfect, these are.

- Loose aerial

- Strange rattle/wobble noise can be heard from under the car, mainly when turning. It's a not an engine noise and I believe it is related to the plastic covering underneath as I had to remove a small piece of it recently and the noise started after that.

- There is occasionally a strange noise that's difficult to describe, kind of like a short 'vroom' noise which happens usually after boosting but not exclusively. There is never any smoke from the turbo.

- Previous owner removed the rear speakers for some bizarre reason, but the sound is still decent.

Visually this car is spot on (to my taste anyway) and with the LPG conversion and stock exhaust it's a car that's really easy to use everyday. I use it to commute from Liverpool to Manchester every day. It now needs someone who can tinker a little to get it perfect and with a little work I think this could be one of the best examples in the country!

Tax: OCT 2013
Mot: SEP 2013

Mileage: 106,000 Miles - 172,000 Kilometers

Price: £2995

Any question just let me know :thumleft:

Last edited by jamuk2004 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chaos19810

Re: 1994 Rev 3 Turbo LPG + Petrol (Rev 5 Looks)

Post by chaos19810 »

Just wondering how the car runs on boost on LPG before I bother the bank
jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

It boosts great, if anything it should 'run' better although the performance is slightly less if that makes sense?

I say run better because LPG is a higher ron rating than even premium unleaded but at the same time, LPG has reduced power. I've been told it's around 15% reduction in power when on gas but I can't say it's particularly noticable.

You always have the option to switch to petrol, its just a button on/off so just turn it off to unleash the full power :D
jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

* Price drop *

I would consider offers around £2750
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

how and who converted it to LPG?? my car is costing a fortune to run but this may save me from selling it.

good luck with the sale 1 :thumleft:
jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

I got mine converted by these guys http://www.pioneergasltd.co.uk/ based in rochdale at a cost of £1100.

As for how?? I'm not sure but basically they replaced the spare wheel and surrounds in the frunk with a big LPG tank and put a filler at the back (the small black cube under the rear number plate)

It's worth doing if you do a lot of miles, I get from Liverpool to Manchester 5 days a week for about £50 - £55.

Let me know if you have any more questions of just pm me.

Cheers
jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

This is now advertised on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251293988720
jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

Looking for offers around £2495 now if anyone's interested.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”