Fast Road Geometry Settings

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mwmackenzie

Fast Road Geometry Settings

Post by mwmackenzie »

Hi Folks,

I have my car booked in for a 4 wheel geo tomorrow morning and looking for some settings to have it set up to.

I've had a route about on here and another MR2 forum and not found anything conclusive on this. I can find race car setting and folk saying it's a personal thing, which I know it is but I'm just looking for a starting point which doesn't have so much understeer dialed into it, just a nice balance.. Car is a na rev5, lowered 40mm and used primarily as a commuter with weekend jaunts down the back roads and it'll be very, very lucky to see a track as it's just so slow lol. That said, trackdays are more about exploring the limits, staying within them and enjoying what you have for what it is, so on that basis it may get an outting yet lol...

Currently inclined to go with stock settings but a tad less understeer might be nice;)

Thanks in advance

Mark
bobhatton

Re: Fast Road Geometry Settings

Post by bobhatton »

mwmackenzie wrote:Hi Folks,

I have my car booked in for a 4 wheel geo tomorrow morning and looking for some settings to have it set up to.

I've had a route about on here and another MR2 forum and not found anything conclusive on this. I can find race car setting and folk saying it's a personal thing, which I know it is but I'm just looking for a starting point which doesn't have so much understeer dialed into it, just a nice balance.. Car is a na rev5, lowered 40mm and used primarily as a commuter with weekend jaunts down the back roads and it'll be very, very lucky to see a track as it's just so slow lol. That said, trackdays are more about exploring the limits, staying within them and enjoying what you have for what it is, so on that basis it may get an outting yet lol...

Currently inclined to go with stock settings but a tad less understeer might be nice;)

Thanks in advance

Mark

Stock settings are the way to go for road use.
You should not have understeer, what has been done to the car?
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
msherry21

Post by msherry21 »

Hi mate,

http://www.mr2.me.uk/Mk2/Mk2_Alignment.html

These settings above are certainly a good start, I hope that helps.

Cheers, Michael.
Http://www.planet-wax.com, Mobile Car Valet & Car Detailing based in Glasgow.
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

If you use the Hunter equipment there are three options, the last option is the one that I used and is for a Rev 1 Jap Turbo import.

You can also check your VIN against the system.
mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie »

Thanks guys, car is just lowered on standard shocks and now on 17's so adjustment is very limited, I think stock may well be the way to go to start, going for a run tomorrow so will see where I want/need to go from there ;)

Thanks!
mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie »

Thanks for that I gave them these figures and they were somewhere closeish lol

Front

toe NS 0.04 OS 0.03 total 0.07

Front Camber
NS-1.08 OS-0.43

( Not adjustable but I can get hold of camber bolts, do you think these figure need addressing as they're 0.5 degree different side to side?

Rear
Toe NS 0.1 OS 0.14 Total 0.24

Camber
NS -1.41 OS -1.55

How do these figs look to you, feels i bit better than before but it was a bit out
To Start I had same camber as after but ..

Front

Toe OS 0.00 NS -0.06( Out of recomended range )

Rear

Toe OS +0.19 ( Out of recomended range ) NS+ 0.43 ( Out of recomended range)

Any input welcome and apreciated

Mark
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

caster?

After fitting Polly bushes mine was reset from 3.56 to 2.39 on each side. tolerance range is 2.15 to 3.15

What is your thrust angle?
Mine was -0.01 and drives as straight as a dye on & off boost.
mwmackenzie

Post by mwmackenzie »

Caster is not adjustable on the rev 5 or is it? It was OK anyhow at

NS 3.47 OS 3.24. Both Green and within the tollerances they had listed of
2.28-3.58

Thrust angle went from -0.12 to -0.02 I/m not sure what this should be as it's grey on the sheet and no arrow showing within tollerances and no tollerances listed.

Thanks for looking at the figures and feedback :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”