Connecting seat belt to fuel tank tunnel stud?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GT4Ever

Connecting seat belt to fuel tank tunnel stud?

Post by GT4Ever »

I got a new set of seats in my MR2. But they don't come with rails which allow you to connect the seat belt "clicking device". So I need to find an other place now to install this.

On the fuel tank tunnel there is a stud which is used for some slider bar on the original seats. Could I use this to connect my seat belt to? Or is it too weak and should I search for another solution?
madbasshunter

Re: Connecting seat belt to fuel tank tunnel stud?

Post by madbasshunter »

Yes you can and I have :)
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
GT4Ever

Post by GT4Ever »

Hope your right, I have no idea how thick the metal is where the stud is in and if it will hold in case of a crash. That's why i'm in doubt.
ashley

Post by ashley »

No- do not use that stud, it is not strong enough to anchor your seat belt safely. In the standard set up, the seatbelt on that side anchors to the seat, that stud just holds the guide in place...it is not structural.

I was tempted to use it when mounting harnesses until I put some weight on it #-o

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”