6M1 Goodwood Green....

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nik_L

6M1 Goodwood Green....

Post by Nik_L »

So, my new MR2 is the above colour.

The drivers side front wing was damaged but got another good wing with the car.

Fitted it today (ball ache removing old 1, got cut off in the end) but it looks to be a slightly different shade in certain lights.

Its also off a JDM car and after i fitted it, i noticed there's no hole for the indicator so going to need to cut a hole. Was a proper ](*,) moment.

It looks to be original paint and deffo Goodwood Green.

Did they do any other colours close to Goodwood Green?? Any different shades throughout the years?

Will give it a good polish up 1st and see what its like then.
synXero

Re: 6M1 Goodwood Green....

Post by synXero »

Two thoughts - obviously you've checked but the replacement isn't fibreglass as opposed to metal?

Secondly could be UV exposure mismatch between a stored panel and a car that's seen so much light.

Could be a good buffing needed.

I don't personally know of any variations to Goodwood Green but I haven't had a GG car.
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

Yeah its a genuine Toyota stamped wing. Metal.

I think a good buff up on the wing and rest of the car is probably in order anyway.

More i look at it its maybe just the light or angle. Some angles it looks fine, and from certain angles the rest of the car looks like the same shade as the wing.
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Hi Mate

If i remember correctly they did a JDM only Forest Green, which is very slightly different. 6Q5 Paint code

Rob
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

Hmm, just google imaged that colour and it looks very similar.
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Emerald green JDM was slightly different shade to UK code - goodwood green
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Hi Nik

sorry cant post a link from here but search for the MR2 Thread Best OEM colour for MR2 and you will see a picture a few picts of 'goodwood green'. My mates turbo was a very slightly different shade to uk cars in goodwood IMO.

Rob
Jonny Hizzle

Post by Jonny Hizzle »

They didn't do a goodwood green. There was a couple of variations of green they made over the revisions so would depend on what year your car is.
This should help

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/e ... d/MR91.png

also you would have to allow for 10+ years worth of weathering which can avry the shades slightly
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

Dark Emerald Pearl. I always thought it was Goodwood Green lol. Quite alot of pics on google refer to it as GG.

Im certain its the correct colour, or the same, but slightly different shade.

When the wing was off the car, i held it up to some of the other panels and couldn't tell the difference. But now that its on you can see a slight difference.
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Hi Jonny

Your right about the paint ageing, the link you posted is for US DM spec colours so many will differ from ours and JDM. Goodwood was an option on Rev3 and Rev4 UK cars, I have a 97 brochure here with it in lol :)
Nik_L

Post by Nik_L »

So i just went and polished up a part of the door and part of the wing. The door came up like a deep green, and the wing has came up green, but with a bit more blue to it.
sheep

Post by sheep »

Jonny Hizzle wrote:They didn't do a goodwood green.

Yes they did, my uk rev 4 is goodwood green 6m1
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

Nik_L wrote:So i just went and polished up a part of the door and part of the wing. The door came up like a deep green, and the wing has came up green, but with a bit more blue to it.

I bet you bought a Toyota pain code 742 wing (dark turquoise I think) - a lot of people get confused between these colours. The 742 looks similar from a distance but when comparing side by side with 6m1 paint it looks lighter in colour.

PS - I think 6m1 is called Goodwood green in the UK and Dark Emerald Green elsewhere. Both are 6m1 paint codes.
DanT

Post by DanT »

mines goodwood green

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”